Carnival’s CHEERS package allows passengers up to 15 alcoholic drinks and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks per day for the price of $51.95 to $56.95 depending on when it is purchased.
Previously, the package allowed for any drink up to $50 in value. Drinks over $50 each were priced at a 25% discount. Carnival has made a change and now the CHEERS! package is good for drinks up to $20. Drinks over $20 will come at a 25% discount.
This pricing change has been updated on Carnival.com. When did the change in price happen? GoCCL.com, a website for Carnival travel agents, says that the CHEERS! information page was updated on August 24, just before noon.
What does Carnival’s CHEERS! package include?
First of all, passengers must be 21 years or older to purchase CHEERS! and if one guest purchases it, every adult in the same stateroom must also purchase it. Sharing drinks is not allowed. The program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hours (6:00 am – 6:00 am) and there is a 5 minute wait time when ordering drinks. Non-alcoholic drinks are unlimited. A complete list of drinks included can be found a few paragraphs down.
The cost is $51.95 per day (must be purchased for the entire length of the cruise, can’t buy it for just one or two days) plus 15% gratuity if you pre-purchase it before your cruise. Once on board the ship, the price goes up to $56.95 per day, plus 15% gratuity.
The package includes the following drinks:
- All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer, wine and champagne by the glass, with a $20 USD or lower menu price per serving
- Sodas (including specialty sodas), Zero-Proof frozen cocktails (including smoothies) and juices
- Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars
Milkshakes, where applicable
- RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea
- 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages served in bars and lounges
- Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants
- 25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $20 USD per serving
- 25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle
- 25 percent discount off beverage seminars and classes
CHEERS! is not offered on two day cruises, charters, and cruises from Australia.