Tropical Storm Joyce had maximum sustained winds of 35 mph but has weakened into a little more than thundershowers. The storm is forecasted to turn north towards Bermuda but is not expected to regain strength.
Norwegian Cruise Line has announced a change for the Norwegian Dawn that is departing from Boston on Friday. The ship will arrive in Bermuda on Sunday at 8 am, 3 hours ahead of schedule. This change is being made to maximize the passengers time on shore if the Dawn needs to leave Bermuda early due to TS Joyce.
Tropical Storm Isaac currently has maximum sustained winds of 65 mph and is causing several cruise lines to make changes to itineraries. The storm is located SE of the Florida Keys and is moving NW at 18 mph. TS Isaac is expected to gain strength as it enters the warm waters of the Gulf after it hits the Florida Keys. There is a tropical storm warning for Cuba, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and the Bahamas. The Florida Keys are under a hurricane warning that is expected to hit early Monday morning.
The Port of Miami closed at 11:00pm Saturday night and will not reopen until Monday, August 27.
Carnival has made the following changes to cruises:
- Carnival Valor – Cancelled a stop in Curacao and replaced it with a stop in Nassau
- Carnical Liberty – Cancelled a stop in Grand Turk and will also be stopping in Nassau as an alternate stop.
- Carnical Ecstasy – Cancelled a stop at Half Moon Cay and will now be making call in Freeport, Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean has made the following changes for cruises:
- Majesty of the Seas – Cancelled a stop in CocoCay, Bahamas.
- Allure of the Seas – The next sailing will begin on Tuesday instead of Sunday. The shortened cruise will now have a sea day, stop in Cozumel, sea day, and then a stop in Nassau before returning to Port Everglades.
- Monarch of the Seas – Cancelled a stop in CocoCay, Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean has asked guests that are sailing on the Allure of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas, and Monarch of the Seas to monitor their website for any additional changes.
Norwegian Cruise Line has made the following changes due to Tropical Storm Issac:
- Norwegian Sky – Will be moving a stop in Nassau to Saturday and Sunday will be a sea day. A stop in Great Stirrup Cay has been cancelled. The Sky will arrive in Miami on Monday afternoon.
- Norwegian Gem – Port stops have been rearranged and will now stop in Great Stirrup Cay on Tuesday, Nassau on Wednesday, and Port Canaveral on Thursday.
- Norwegian Sky – The August 27 cruise will now leave on Monday night at 10 pm, embarkation will begin at 5 pm, 5 hours later than normal. The cruise will keep the original itinerary.
Disney Cruise Line has not made any changes to itineraries for the Fantasy, Magic, and Dream. They are monitoring the storms and will make any changes that are necessary for the safety of the passengers and crew members.
For the latest on Tropical Storm Isaac and Joyce, visit the National Hurricane Center.