Twice a year, each cruise ship that sails to or from a U.S. cruise port goes through an unannounced public health inspection. This inspection is done by the VSP (Vessel Sanitation Program) to determine how well the ships are operating and to the check the sanitation standards on board.
During the inspections, all major areas of the ship are inspected including medical facilities, portable water systems, swimming pools and hot tubs, galleys and dining rooms, child activity centers, hotel accommodations, ventilation systems, and common areas of the ship.
So far in 2016, the following 13 cruise ships have received perfect 100 scores during their heath inspection. The ships are listed in the order that they were inspected, beginning with January 2016.
- MS Maasdam
- Carnival Breeze
- Freedom of the Seas
- Royal Princess
- Regal Princess – Has received a perfect 100 score on every inspection since the ship went into service in 2014.
- Emerald Princess
- Celebrity Equinox – Second straight perfect score.
- MS Eurodam – Has received a perfect 100 score on the past 10 inspections dating back to 2011.
- Disney Magic
- Carnival Victory
- Disney Fantasy – Second straight perfect score.
- Celebrity Millennium – Fourth straight perfect score.
- Celebrity Eclipse
To receive a perfect 100, the ship must receive perfect marks on all 44 items on the USPH’s Vessel Sanitation Program checklist. A score of 85 or below is considered a failing score. Only five ships since 2008 have failed inspection.
Learn the cruise secrets most people don't know and cruise like a boss. Check out Intelligent Cruiser here for a better cruise vacation. (Sponsored)
Search Multiple Sites at Once
Instant Real Time Pricing