It only took one cruise, a four night voyage on the Norwegian Sky to the Bahamas, for me to fall in love with cruising. I enjoyed it so much, I was home less than than 48 hours and I had already booked my 2nd cruise. What do I love about taking a cruise? Here are 10 reasons why I can’t stop cruising.
1. Visit New Destinations – I love to travel and visit new and familiar places. With cruising, I can visit multiple places on one trip and I only have to unpack once. I don’t have to check in and out of hotels and lose time traveling between destinations. Cruising is the perfect way to sample several new ports on one trip.
2. Morning Coffee on my Balcony – Waking up early each morning and drinking a cup of coffee while watching the sunrise over the ocean is pretty much the perfect start to a day. It really doesn’t get much better than that.
3. Sea Days – Before I took my first cruise, I was afraid of being “stuck” on a cruise ship during sea days. Now, sea days are my favorite days of each cruise. Whether I’m relaxing by the pool, attending an enrichment class, or getting a massage at the spa, sea days are a great way of relieving stress and getting completely away from the hustle and bustle of life.
4. Sample New Food – Cruises are a great way to sample new food that you have always wanted to try without being afraid of spending money and not liking the dish. Whether it’s frog legs, alligator, or calamari, you can try new cuisines at no extra cost. It is all included in your cruise fare, with an exception being the specialty restaurants.
5. Sailaway Parties – I love pulling out of PortMiami with Bob Marley being blasted over the Lido Deck preparing me for a week of fun in the Caribbean. Sailaway parties are the perfect way to start every cruise.
6. Best Bang For the Buck – Cruising offers the best bang for the buck out of any type of vacation available. For one low price, your accommodations, food, entertainment, and transportation from one port to another is included. View Cruise Deals
7. Brings Out the Best in People – There is something about cruising that brings out a side in people that you don’t see on land. I never get tired of seeing grandmas and grandpas dancing on the pool deck like they are 60 years younger. Is it the salty air or motion of the ocean? Whichever it is, I hope it never stops.
8. Being Pampered – The crew members know how to treat you like royalty and I love the service and attention that they give me while I am onboard.
9. Meeting New People – I love hearing stories of fellow cruisers who have met others on a cruise who are now friends for life. A few ways to meet people on a cruise is at dinner, meet and greets (Facebook Rollcalls), and at various activities that are offered onboard. I have met so many new friends at sea and look forward to meeting many more in the future.
10. Mobility – Cruise ships are mobile, and when bad weather (tropical storm or hurricane) hits, the ship will sail away from the storm keeping my vacation going. Cruise lines have been known to switch itineraries from Eastern to Western Caribbean and vice versa to give their passengers the warm, sunny vacation they were hoping for. If I went to a resort in Grand Cayman and a hurricane hit, my tropical vacation would be pretty much ruined (and shortened). I’ll stick to cruising.
Learn the cruise secrets most people don't know and cruise like a boss. Check out Intelligent Cruiser here for a better cruise vacation. (Sponsored)