Oceania Cruises, the world’s leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line, has introduced 16 new, enriching, and exciting cooking classes for the 2018 European season. These new classes will be offered aboard two of their cruise ships, the 1,250 passenger Marina and Riviera.
Oceania Cruises is widely recognized for its groundbreaking culinary enrichment offerings, including the introduction of the first-ever Culinary Center at sea equipped with individual induction cook top work stations. The new programs were developed by longtime Director of Culinary Enrichment, Chef Kathryn Kelly, and will debut with the first European sailings of the year this April and May.
New and Noteworthy Highlights
Slice: Mastering Chef Knife Skills
In partnership with the world-renowned Zwilling Company, makers of the chef-favorite J.A. Henckels knives, Oceania Cruises has developed one of our top guest-requested classes – a comprehensive knife skills class. Participants will get a chef’s look at a complete pantry of knives and enjoy the chance to try out a few chef knives to discover the best option for you.
They’ll also learn how to sharpen and maintain this essential kitchen tool, practice various knife cuts and discover how to safely use the mandolin slicer – Chef Jacques Pépin’s favorite kitchen tool. At the conclusion of the class, all participants will receive a special Knife Skills certificate along with a savings voucher for their favorite Zwilling Company knives.
Rethink the Crêpe
While most people may think of the crêpe as French cuisine, this little envelope of love is popular everywhere and enjoyed in many variations the world over. From authentic buckwheat galettes to sweet crêpes Suzette, the recipes in this class will reveal or renew your passion for crêpes and their luscious fillings and toppings. Sweet, savory and everything in between – prepare to be amazed by the world of crêpes.
The Nordic Kitchen
Participants will delight in the delectable cuisine of Scandinavia and Northern Europe as they take a culinary voyage around the Baltic, discovering the secrets of delicacies from both land and sea. Savor regional specialties such as Estonian fish soup, Nordic salmon rillettes, gravlax cured in the traditional Scandinavian spirit and hearty meatballs with a Swedish flair.
Full Roster of Classes
- Pucker Up – Celebrating the diversity and splendor of lemons in Mediterranean cooking
- Ancient Cuisines – showcasing the magical dishes of Morocco and Turkey
- All Things Roman – Celebrating the greatest dishes of the ancient Roman Empire
- Brunch Comforts – Classic brunch dishes and entertaining tips
- Cooking Fresh – Healthy, fresh, and flavorful dishes including Canyon Ranch Spa Cuisine favorites
- Essential Pasta – The fundamentals of pasta preparation, cookery, and sauces
- Greek Tonight – Our faculty’s favorite recipes from Santorini, Rhodes, Crete, Corfu, and Athens
- Grill School – Grilling is more than technique, it’s an art form
- If it Swims – Mastering the basics of fish cookery: searing, baking, shallow-poaching, deep-poaching, and curing
- In the Kitchen with Jacques – Celebrating the glorious career of our Executive Culinary Director and world-renowned
- Master Chef through knife skills, the secrets of emulsion, and a selection of Jacques’ favorite dishes from his sixty-year career
- Most Requested Red Ginger – Mastering the skills and most popular recipes from our acclaimed Asian restaurant
- The Sicilian Kitchen – A celebration of pasta, fish, and rice dishes from the home kitchens of our faculty and crew
- Viva Espana – Spanish cuisine has helped transform the culinary world and this class showcases traditional tapax and pintxos along with new and modern favorites
Oceania Cruises is celebrating their 15th anniversary in 2018 and is the world’s leading culinary- and destination-focused cruise line. The line’s six intimate and luxurious ships which carry only 684 or 1,250 guests offer an unrivaled vacation experience featuring the finest cuisine at sea and destination-rich itineraries that span the globe.