Called WaveCare, this is a comprehensive solution for cruisers and what they need most including higher medical and evacuation coverage.
Specifically, WaveCare provides:
- Up to $750,000 in medical evacuation coverage, BHTP’s highest limits
- Up to $75,000 in emergency travel medical insurance
- A fixed benefit of $500 when the traveler is confined on board for more than five hours because the cruise ship is disabled
- Comprehensive trip cancellation, interruption, delay, missed connection, and baggage protection
- A pre-existing condition waiver when insurance is purchased within 15 days of the initial trip deposit date
- 24/7 global travel assistance
BHTP has also announced enhancements to its industry-first fixed benefit insurance product for air travelers, AirCare. Starting at only $26 for domestic and international round-trip flights, AirCare now covers late night delays and flight diversions as well as flight cancellations, flight departure delays, tarmac delays, missed connections, lost baggage, and baggage delays. Travel insurance fixed benefits ensure faster claims payment – no receipts necessary.
BHTP, well known for its revolutionary travel insurance products and services, also provides travelers with an easy “pic-and-a-click” claims process, flight tracking and expedited payments for travel disruptions via BHTP Burst.
About Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection
Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection is the trade name for the travel protection products and services of Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, part of the National Indemnity group of insurance companies. Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company provides underwriting and claims administration services for some of the largest distributors of travel insurance in the United States. Created under the Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection trade name is the ExactCare line of travel insurance, AirCare flight and other travel-related protections such as WaveCare.