MSC Cruises is launching a game changing innovation program MSC for Me fleetwide, technology that promises to bring to the sea some of the very latest advances in customer-centric technology, in a program designed to meet the needs of guests for years to come.
After spending the past three years working with more than eleven of the world’s leading digital, tech and behavioral science experts — including Deloitte Digital, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Samsung1 — MSC Cruises’ holistic program puts guests at the heart of every step of the development, design and construction of its cruise ships.
The company envisions a fleetwide roll-out of the program, to the 11 upcoming next-generation megaships — to be built under MSC Cruises’ industry-unprecedented nearly $10 billion, ten-year investment plan — as well as to its 12 existing cruise ships.
It will debut on MSC Meraviglia, the cruise line’s first next-generation new mega-ship coming into service this June in the Mediterranean, which will be fitted with 16,000 points of connectivity, 700 digital access points, 358 informative and interactive screens, and 2,244 staterooms with RFID/NFC access technology. The program will next be rolled out on MSC Seaside when the ship launches in November.
The holistic and guest-centric program is focused on connecting guests to their desired vacation experience through cutting-edge technology that is specially engineered to meet their every need, regardless of how they prefer to use technology when traveling.
In response to increasing demand for real-time flexibility, some of the innovative features that are available from MSC for Me are:
- Navigation: digital way finder that provides guests on board with advice, guidance and information on what’s on. The technology is similar to smart maps and helps them find their way on the 1000+ foot long ships with a 16 foot precision. It also allows guests to locate their children, as needed.
- Concierge: allows guests to easily book services, restaurants, excursions and more in real time, 24/7.
- Capture: digital immersive discovery through virtual reality to preview excursions and a gallery with interactive screens showing the unique story of a guest’s trip, which they can share in real time.
- Organizer: a planning tool for guests to check in with their mobile device, book trips, seats for shows, or the best dinner table, before embarking or when on board.
- TailorMade: digital, personal advisor that will provide tailored recommendations, based on preferences. Intelligent face recognition will help staff take care of guests in a highly personalized way. Interactive bracelets will connect guests to the ship’s services and will activate geo-located suggestions through 3,050 bluetooth beacons.
Overall, MSC for Me will provide guests with over 130 smart features geared toward a fully optimized vacation experience. These include a dedicated app to help guests tailor their vacations at any point on their journey, whether they are booking their excursions prior to embarkation or a specialty restaurant while relaxing by the top-deck pool. This will improve the overall guest experience, while also freeing up more time to enjoy one’s vacation at sea.
MSC for Me will see its initial roll-out across the Company’s new builds, with further refinement and enrichment taking place as each ship comes into service. Its key features will then be rolled out to all 12 ships comprised in MSC Cruises’ existing fleet.