From the moment you get past the counter to board your cruise ship you are hounded by photographers and flash bulbs. But those aren’t the paparazzi mistaking you for a movie star. They are simply the cruise line’s photographers helping you capture every moment from your cruise vacation.
Each cruise ship has a team of photographers that can be found at about every turn. So whether you want a picture of you and your partner all dressed up for formal night, or just want a fun picture of your family and friends you can make sure your memories are captured by professional photographers who really do know what they are doing.
So yes, the pictures the photographers on a cruise ship take are amazing.
The question is: Should you buy the cruise ship pictures or just be happy with the digital photos from your own camera?
Here are some points to consider (both positive and negative) when decided to buy the pictures or not:
- The pictures are not only taken with high resolution quality but also quality lighting.
- The backgrounds they use give the shots a nice touch.
- It offers you a lot of convenience since you don’t always have to have your camera.
- Even if you don’t buy any pictures, it’s fun to check them out at the gallery so you should take every opportunity to get them taken.
- 8×10’s can cost as much as $20. (seems a bit high but consider the next point)
- These are professional photographers. When considering what you get for $20 a picture it’s not a terrible deal, especially considering you don’t even have to buy if you don’t want to.
You should always ask about daily deals. Sometimes cruise ships offer discounts if you buy a certain number of prints. They don’t always advertise this, so you will have to bring it up yourself.
I used to think that $20 was too much to buy a single 8×10 photo. But in retrospect, I always wish I had purchased more. There is nothing like having a professional quality photo of your best vacation ever.
You don’t have to buy every picture, but you should at least buy some. You will wince at the price then, but you won’t regret it when you get home.
So my answer is yes, buy the pictures and get as many taken as possible.