What are the top 10 best cruise ports in the Caribbean? We asked our readers to vote for the best ports in the Caribbean and Bahamas in the 4th Annual Cruise Fever Fan Awards. Over 10,000 total votes were cast in this year’s awards and here are our reader’s picks for top ports in the Caribbean in 2016.
Top 10 Best Cruise Ports in the Caribbean
10. Bridgetown, Barbados – One of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean, Barbados offers beautiful beaches,and excellent snorkeling. A tour of Harrison’s Cave is not to be missed.
7. Nassau, Bahamas – Highlighted on nearly every cruise to the Bahamas, this popular cruise port can see as many as six cruise ships visit in a day. From the world famous Atlantis Resort to a museum about pirates, there’s something for everyone in Nassau. History buffs love visiting Fort Fincastle and the Queen’s Staircase.
6. San Juan, Puerto Rico – From the cobblestone streets of Old San Juan to the only rainforest in the U.S. National Forest System, a visit to San Juan is a highlight of any cruise. A visit is not complete without a stop at Finca Cialitos, a local coffee house located on Calle San Francisco where the owner grows and roasts his own coffee beans. The coffee is out of this world.
5. Grand Turk – The perfect port for a beach day, you can have a relaxing day at the beach or join the fun at the beach-side Margaritaville. See things to do in Grand Turk.
4. Grand Cayman – Grand Cayman is not only known for world class snorkeling and diving, but it is also home to a one of kind experience at Stingray City.
3. Cozumel, Mexico – One of the most visited cruise ports in the Caribbean, you can rent a jeep and drive the loop to experience all that the island has to offer. Virtually all cruises to the Western Caribbean stop in Cozumel.
2. St. Thomas – Although the port is known for its shopping, the true gem of stopping in St. Thomas is the close proximity to St. John. A visit to Trunk Bay should be on everyone’s bucket list.
1. St. Maarten – For the 3rd straight year, St. Maarten was voted the best cruise port in the Caribbean by the readers of Cruise Fever. Thrill seekers flock to Maho Beach where airplanes come in to land just a few feet over the beach.