Carnival Cruise Line continues to pour millions into renovating their cruise ships and another one of their vessels recently emerged from dry dock with a variety of new food and beverage concepts.
Carnival Dream, currently sailing seven night cruises to the Caribbean from New Orleans, received an extensive makeover in Freeport, Bahamas. The 130,000 gross ton ship received the following additions during the dry dock:
- Guy’s Pig & Anchor Barbeque Smokehouse: Designed by Food Network star Guy Fieri, the open-air free-of-charge venue offers a variety of BBQ favorites with a menu that includes Championship Pork Butt, Blue Ribbon Chicken, smoked Andouille sausage and Sliced Smoked Round of Beef, and Fieri’s own take on traditional sides.
- BlueIguana Cantina: A complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic, freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar.
- Pizzeria del Capitano: Here, guests can enjoy five different varieties of hand-tossed, artisanal-style pizza, including Margherita, quattro formaggio, mushroom, prosciutto and pepperoni – all free of charge 24 hours a day and made in a traditional pizza oven.
- Bonsai Sushi: A full-service sushi restaurant offering delicious Asian-inspired delicacies — sushi, sashimi, bento “ships” for two and more, along with popular beers and cocktails from the region — all enjoyed amidst a striking contemporary décor inspired by the Far East.
- Alchemy Bar: A “cocktail pharmacy”-themed lounge with mixologists dressed in lab coats who “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients with creative monikers like Forty is the New Twenty and The Restorative Basil Drop.
These new features are in addition to the wide variety of innovations that were already on Carnival Dream including the massive WaterWorks aqua park, the Cloud 9 Spa with thalassotherapy pool and thermal suite, and the indoor/outdoor live music and entertainment venue Ocean Plaza.
Carnival Dream operates year-round seven-day cruises from New Orleans offering three distinctly different itineraries – western Caribbean cruises visiting Montego Bay, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman; or Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan), Belize and Cozumel; and a Bahamas/Florida route calling at Key West, Freeport and Nassau.
The 130,000 gross ton Carnival Dream first debuted in the fall of 2009 and was the first of three Dream class ships for Carnival Cruise Line.
Learn the cruise secrets most people don't know and cruise like a boss. Check out Intelligent Cruiser here for a better cruise vacation. (Sponsored)
Search Multiple Sites at Once
Instant Real Time Pricing