Feeling like the end of summer vacation is approaching – much too soon? There’s still plenty of time left to travel! Book an end-of-summer luxury cruise to the Virgin Islands and escape to paradise before school starts back.
The Caribbean is a dominant cruise destination, and let’s face it – now is the perfect time to travel. Crowds are thinning out, work schedules lax up in late summer, and the Islands are hopping with festivals, activities, and events. Come on in – the water’s warm!
Don’t miss these 10 Virgin Islands hotspots to explore during your getaway cruise:
1. Uncover the perfect selfie backdrop in St. Thomas. Get a captivating shot of the busy cruise harbor by climbing the 99 Steps of downtown Charlotte Amalie.
2. Hit up the bustling open-air island market at St. Thomas on the North side of Main Street in Charlotte Amalie. Be sure to sample local specialty fares, including: genips, conch, fresh honey, and homemade soups.
3. Snorkel an underwater treasure trove of coral grottoes at Buck Island, one of only three underwater national monuments in the U.S. Like to come prepared? Be sure to watch the 2014 film Caribbean Gem first.
4. Go island hopping in a private charter and get front-row access to hidden coves and beaches accessible only by boat.
5. Go to a favorite pirate hangout from days of yore – the town of Charlotte Amalie. Tour Blackbeard’s Castle and swim in one of Blackbeard’s three pools. Be sure to climb the Skytsborg Tower for breathtaking views.
6. Explore off of Buck Island: Swim with sea turtles to your heart’s content in Turtle Cove. And dive in to Shipwreck Cove for plenty of unique underwater sightings.
7. Have time to head over to the British Virgin Islands? It’s worth it for a Painkiller. Kick back and sip this rum, coconut, pineapple, and orange cocktail underneath the swaying palm trees of Jost Van Dyke.
8. Grab a slice of specialty pizza from the infamous floating Pizza Pi. No, it’s not a food truck – it’s a New-York style pizza boat. Rated the best restaurant in St. Thomas in its first year of business according to TripAdvisor, it’s definitely worth the boat trip out.
9. Fish in the 29th Annual Bastille Day Kingfish Tournament, to be held in St. Thomas’s Hull Bay this weekend on July 16th, 2017. Winning anglers will score some amazing prizes.
10. Snorkel the world-famous Trunk Bay of St. John, known for its marked underwater trail. Be on the lookout for angelfish, butterflyfish, coral sea plumes, and anemone.
Get extra credit. Staying for a few days? Be sure to take advantage of $300 in VI Centennial Spending Credits to explore the islands during a 3-night stay when you book by October 1 and travel before December 31st, 2017. Find details on the USVI’s tourism site here.
Learn the cruise secrets most people don't know and cruise like a boss. Check out Intelligent Cruiser here for a better cruise vacation. (Sponsored)
Search Multiple Sites at Once
Instant Real Time Pricing