Update: Royal Caribbean will now let guests who were booked in a neighborhood balcony stateroom keep the program if they choose. Details can be read here.
Royal Caribbean said that the reasoning for discontinuing this program was due to the cruise line evaluating their amenities, products and services to align with and exceed guests’ expectations.
Extensive research has led Royal Caribbean to discontinue the Dine Drink Discover program, a collection of perks exclusive to Boardwalk Balcony and Central Park Balcony staterooms on Oasis Class cruise ships. The program will be removed from all sailings departing on and after January 1, 2020.
Guests who are booked in one of these staterooms on a future cruise will receive an email this week from Royal Caribbean letting them know about this change.
To alleviate any potential dissatisfaction impacted by this change, Royal Caribbean is offering the following:
- Everyone currently booked in a neighborhood balcony departing from January 1, 2020 through April 30, 2021 will receive a $50 non-refundable onboard credit per stateroom.
Royal Caribbean said that they will continue to offer and develop countless ways for you to make unforgettable memories. The cruise line looks forward to announcing some game-changing updates to their inventory and amenity offerings in the coming months.
Royal Caribbean’s Dine Drink Discover program offered the following perks for Central Park and Boardwalk balcony staterooms on Oasis class cruise ships:
- Classic hamburgers and more at a complimentary meal for up to four guests at Johnny Rockets.
- Enjoy unlimited soft drinks throughout the cruise with a soda package for two guests.
- Tackle the Rock Climbing Wall at an exclusive session for the entire family.
Central Park Balcony
- Savor Mexican cuisine at a complimentary lunch for two at Sabor Taqueria & Tequila Bar. Or, if it’s Italian food you crave, enjoy Giovanni’s Table onboard Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas and Jamie’s Italian onboard Harmony of the Seas and Symphony of the Seas .
- A complimentary bottle of red wine welcomes your arrival when you walk through the door.
- Step up your game with private casino gaming lessons from an onboard expert.