Celebrity Cruises kicked off the start of a $500 million program to revolutionize their cruise ships when Celebrity Millennium underwent a radical transformation. The cruise ship received redesigned staterooms, new lounges, upgraded restaurants, faster WiFi, and other guest enhancements.
Celebrity Millennium’s bow-to-stern transformation began on January 2, 2019, at the Sembawang Shipyard in Singapore. There, it spent a total of 35 days in the skilled hands of thousands of engineers, architects, artisans, designers, contractors, shipyard employees, and the newbuild and Celebrity teams.
When redesigning the staterooms and suites, every detail was carefully thought through with guest comfort at the forefront. Celebrity collaborated with renowned international hospitality design firm Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) to transform the staterooms on board and turned to famed designer Kelly Hoppen, MBE to refresh the suites and bring The Retreat to Celebrity Millennium.
Revolutionary enhancements made to the staterooms and suites include:
- Refreshed suite design and finishes by Hoppen
- The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive open-air hideaway for Suite Class guests designed by Hoppen and featuring a new hot tub, cabanas, loungers, artwork, and more
- The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club), an exclusive 24/7 lounge for Suite Class guests designed by Hoppen and offering complimentary beverages, gourmet bites, live entertainment, and concierge service
- All-new stateroom design in partnership with HBA
- Celebrity’s eXhale bedding featuring luxurious Cashmere mattresses
- Completely redesigned stateroom bathrooms with all-new finishes and fixtures
- Advanced RFID lock technology with digital key access has been added to every stateroom door
- A total of 30 new staterooms being added
Celebrity is known to always be looking for new ways to open the world, not only through the places the brand visits, but through its globally inspired culinary experience, as well. The brand seized the “revolutionary” opportunity and reimagined many of the restaurants and lounges found on Celebrity Millennium, including:
- Upgraded Oceanview Café, featuring a new open concept, increased seating options, and globally inspired culinary offerings
- Upgraded Main Restaurant, with more seating and updated fixtures
- Redesigned Sunset Bar, featuring a variety of inviting seating options perfect for alfresco dining or cocktails with a view
- Redesigned Rendezvous Lounge hosting events and entertainment from day to night, with everything from a newly enlarged bar serving up tantalizing cocktails to a quiet reading nook for curling up with a book
Celebrity Millennium is just the first revolutionary revitalization for the brand. Celebrity Summit has already entered dry-dock in the Bahamas for its own stunning transformation, with seven more cruise ships to be modernized by 2023.