The cruise line is changing one Asian eatery to complimentary on 11 different cruise ships giving cruisers even more options that are included in their cruise fares. The following restaurants are now free:
- Lotus Garden – Norwegian Pearl
- Bamboo – Norwegian Dawn
- Shanghai’s Noodle Bar – Norwegian Breakaway
- Shanghai’s Noodle Bar – Norwegian Getaway
- Shanghai’s Noodle Bar – Norwegian Epic
- Ginza – Norwegian Star
- Orchid Garden – Norwegian Gem
- East Meets West – Pride of America
- Chin Chin – Norwegian Jewel
- Shogun – Norwegian Spirit
- Jasmine Garden – Norwegian Jade
Norwegian is the second cruise line this year to drop cover charges at a specialty restaurant onboard their ships. In January, Royal Caribbean eliminated the surcharge for lunch and dinner at Devinly Decadence on Quantum of the Seas, a eatery by “Biggest Loser” celebrity chef Devin Alexander.
While the cruise lines are still moving to more specialty restaurants that come with a fee, it is a nice change of pace to see that reversed once and awhile.