When cruise ships go into dry dock, they receive routine hotel maintenance (new beds etc) and cosmetic upgrades in public areas that include lighting, new carpet, tile work, and wall coverings. Lately, Carnival has also been adding new restaurants (Bonsai Sushi etc), water slides, new staterooms, and new retail shops. Also, the dry dock gives cruise lines time to work on parts of the ships that are under the water line (azipods, propellers etc).
Since many cruisers enjoy cruising on ships that have recently been updated, here is Carnival Cruise Line’s updated schedule for dry dock upgrades for their cruise ships over the next few years. This list was updated on November 22, 2019 with information directly from Carnival Cruise Line.
- Carnival Sensation – January 6-17, 2020
- Carnival Miracle – February 14 through March 4, 2020
- Carnival Elation – March 2-25, 2020
- Carnival Victory’s transformation into Carnival Radiance – March 19 through April 26, 2020
- Carnival Fascination – November 6-21, 2020
- Carnival Inspiration – January 11-28, 2021
- Carnival Paradise – February 27 through March 18, 2021
- Carnival Spirit – May 29 through June 12, 2021
- Search Deals on Carnival Cruise Line (Cruises from $149)
So far in 2019, several Carnival cruise ships have already been refurbished in dry dock.
This list will be updated as Carnival Cruise Line releases the future schedule for dry docks and upgrades.