Princess Cruises, the world’s largest premium cruise line, has announced that they will be rolling out their ground breaking Ocean Medallion to an additional three cruise ships. This brings the total number of Princess ships that will be receiving the wearable technology to seven.
Golden Princess (November 2018), Crown Princess (November 2018) and Ruby Princess (January 2019) join four other Princess ships scheduled to debut Ocean Medallion Vacations: Regal Princess on November 13, 2017, followed by Royal Princess on January 19, 2018, Caribbean Princess on March 18, 2018 and Island Princess on May 16, 2018.
Some distinctive sailing news on these ships for the 2018-2019 season includes:
- Ruby Princess sets sails from Los Angeles for a season of West Coast cruising
- Crown Princess will be Ocean Ready™ for the Fall 2018 Caribbean season. With this news, all Princess Cruises Caribbean cruisers will experience Ocean Medallion
- Golden Princess returns to Melbourne for a season sailing October 2018 to April 2019 with departures to South Pacific, Tasmania, South Australia and New Zealand
- View Prices on Cruises on Princess Cruises
Announced at CES 2017 in January, the Ocean Medallion goes well beyond the growing number of wearables used by theme parks and other vacation companies by leaving behind the required action of “tap” and ushering in a new paradigm for guest interactions.
The Ocean Medallion makes cruising more personal, immersive, simple and seamless than previously considered possible. At the heart of this personalized experience is the Ocean Medallion, which enables endless vacation possibilities.
The Ocean Medallion has no discernible technology – no on-off switch, no charging, no menu to navigate – and can be worn as a pendant, on a wristband, in a clip or simply placed in a pocket to reveal enhanced services and personalized experiences without guests having to push a button or take any action. The pre-cruise engagement will allow guests to provide preferences that detail their wants, needs and desires so their onboard experience can be personalized.
Pairing with the Medallion is the Ocean Compass™ – a digital concierge accessible by all guests using interactive displays throughout the ship, on stateroom TVs, via guests’ own smart devices or through a crew member.
For example, guests can find their way to venues around the ship; make reservations at the Lotus Spa, specialty dining restaurants and for shore excursions; arrange celebrations; view and purchase photographs; learn about the destinations they will visit and activities at each port of call and more. The Ocean Compass will invite guests to experiences based on their individual needs, wants and desires.
Some of the initial service innovations include:
- Ocean Ready: Expedites embarkation as required information is added to the guest profile at home.
- Stateroom Access: The Ocean Medallion will unlock a guest’s stateroom door – replacing the key card.
- Here & Now: Guests can place food and beverage orders and have them delivered to select locations.
- There & Then: Guests can place select food and beverage orders and have them delivered to where they plan to be at a designated time.
- Ocean Navigate: Accessed through the Ocean Compass, guests can learn the whereabouts of their family as they enjoy activities throughout the ship and be guided seamlessly in finding their way around the ship. Friends and family will also be able to easily communicate with each other through a seamless messaging service.
Princess Cruises has a fleet of 17 cruise ships that are renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities, all provided with the experience of exceptional customer service. The cruise line carries more than 2 million passengers each year and visits over 350 destinations around the world.