Royal Caribbean continues to upgrade their fleet of 25 cruise ships with many of the cruise line’s ships being enhanced last year and this year. The cruise line is currently in the middle of a $900 million renovation program (Royal Amplified) of their cruise ships.
When cruise ships go into dry dock, they receive routine hotel maintenance (new beds etc) and cosmetic upgrades in public areas that include lighting, new carpet, tile work, and wall coverings. Also, the dry dock gives cruise lines time to work on parts of the ships that are under the water line (azipods, propellers etc).
Royal Caribbean has been adding incredible new features including the Skypad, thrilling waterslides, laser tag, and escape rooms that is part of the Royal Amplified upgrades. The enhancements allow Royal Caribbean to offer a wider variety of specialty restaurants and features to their cruise ships.
Mariner of the Seas and Independence of the Seas were the first two Royal Caribbean cruise ships to receive the Royal Amplified upgrades.
The schedule for Royal Caribbean dry dock enhancements and upgrades for 2019-2021 is as follows:
- January 3 – February 23, 2019 – Navigator of the Seas
- September 22 – November 23, 2019 – Oasis of the Seas
- September 10 – October 17, 2019 -Voyager of the Seas
- January 20 – February 22, 2020- Freedom of the Seas
- 2020 -Explorer of the Seas
- 2020 – Allure of the Seas
- 2021 – Liberty of the Seas
- 2021 – Adventure of the Seas
- View Best Prices on Royal Caribbean Cruises
Cruise Fever will update this list as Royal Caribbean announces the future dry dock schedule for their cruise ships.
Photo of Adventure of the Seas in dry dock earlier this year at the Grand Bahama Shipyard.