MSC Cruises’ popular cruise ship, MSC Divina, has returned to the U.S. and will resume cruises out of Miami on Sunday. The ship has been sailing a season in the Mediterranean but has returned for the winter Caribbean season.
MSC Divina will offer longer 10- and 11-night Caribbean itineraries as well as new culinary offerings for guests. The cruise line has also revealed that next year MSC Divina will offer several shorter 3-night itineraries, ideal for those looking for a quick getaway as well as groups. The new culinary offerings include:
Eataly Market: This evolution of the Eataly marketplace and restaurant on board MSC Divina will allow guests to order a variety of dishes from one marketplace menu including pizza, pasta, steaks as well as a variety of wines and beers. Guests can also snack on a variety of light bites including selections of meats and cheeses, crudo, and tartare. Here are several images of the dishes and the restaurant as well as the menu.
New Sushi Restaurant: The Galaxy Lounge has been transformed into a sushi and Asian-inspired restaurant, serving a variety of sushi, sashimi and a la carte dishes. Guests can dine on a variety of traditional nigiri, sashimi, maki, futomaki and temaki rolls, as well as tempura and teriyaki. Here are a few images of the dishes and the restaurant as well as the menu.
10 and 11-night sailings on board MSC Divina
MSC Divina will continue sailing 10 and 11-night itineraries through the Caribbean. With longer itineraries, guests can explore areas of the Caribbean and South America not typically offered on a 7-night sailing. Highlight cruises include:
- November 18, 2018: 11-night sailing from Miami to Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Cartagena, Colombia; Colon, Panama; Puerto Limon, Costa Rica; Costa Maya, Mexico; and Cozumel, Mexico. Prices start at $699 per person for a balcony stateroom.
- December 9, 2018: 11-night sailing from Miami to Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Oranjestad, Aruba; Cartagena, Colombia; Colon, Panama; Costa Maya, Mexico; and Cozumel, Mexico. Prices start at $699 per person for a balcony stateroom.
- The Nov. 19 and Dec. 9 cruises will also be an exciting baseball-themed sailing with former Major League pitcher, Stan Bahnsen. Bahnsen will be joined by other baseball legends onboard, giving guests the chance to get an up-close-and-personal experience with some of baseball’s greatest players. Guests on board previous baseball cruises have had opportunities to participate in Q&A sessions, complimentary autograph session, instruction clinics, and more.
- December 20, 2018: 10-night sailing from Miami to St. John’s, Antigua and Barbuda; Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis; Pointe-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe; Road Town, British Virgin Islands; and Philipsburg, St. Maarten. Prices start at $839 per person for a balcony stateroom.
- View Best Prices on Cruises on MSC Cruises
3 and 7-night itineraries on board MSC Divina For Winter 2019/2020 Season
Starting December 2019, guests can enjoy a mid-week getaway with shorter itineraries available on MSC Divina, for the first time ever. Guests can enjoy a vacation without having to commit to traveling an entire week, with a cruise visiting MSC Cruises’ new island destination, Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve (launching in November 2019).
Beyond special 3-night mini cruises, guests can also embark on 7-night sailings as well as extended 11-night sailings venturing further into the Caribbean. A few highlight sailings include:
- December 17, 2019: This cruise will be mark the first 3-night sailing for MSC Divina out of PortMiami. The ship will call at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve and Nassau, Bahamas. Prices start at $269 per person for a balcony stateroom.
- January 7, 2019: 11-night sailing from Miami to Nassau, Bamahas; Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve; Miami, FL, USA; San Juan, Puerto Rico (late-night stay); Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and St. John’s Antigua and Barbuda. Prices start at $999 per person for a balcony stateroom.
- January 28, 2020: 3-night sailing from Miami to Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve and Nassau, Bahamas. Prices start at $269 per person for a balcony stateroom.
- January 31, 2020: 7-night sailing from Miami to San Juan, Puerto Rico (late-night stay); Road Town, British Virgin Islands; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and Nassau, Bahamas. Prices start at $729 per person for a balcony stateroom.