The transformation of Celebrity Summit is a part of the cruise line’s Celebrity Revolution. Celebrity Revolution is the cruise line’s $500 million project to upgrade ships across their fleet.
The all-new Celebrity Summit’s revolutionary enhancements include:
- Completely redesigned staterooms and suites
- The addition of The Retreat for suite guests, with exclusive new sundeck and redesigned lounge
- Stunningly reimagined restaurants, bars and lounges
- Fully redesigned spa and casino
Celebrity Summit’s bow-to-stern transformation began on February 17, 2019, in Freeport, Grand Bahama. It spent a total of 31 days in the skilled hands of thousands of engineers, architects, artisans, designers, contractors and members of the Celebrity team who collaborated to ensure flawless execution of the ship’s dramatic modernization.
When updating staterooms and suites, every detail was thought through, with guest comfort at the forefront. Celebrity collaborated with renowned international hospitality firm Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) to transform the staterooms, while turning to famed designer Kelly Hoppen, MBE, to refresh the gorgeous suites and bring The Retreat to Celebrity Summit.
Enhancements made to the staterooms and suites include:
- All-new stateroom design in partnership with HBA and refreshed suite design by Kelly Hoppen
- Celebrity’s eXhale bedding featuring luxurious Cashmere mattresses
- Completely redesigned stateroom bathrooms, with state-of-the-art finishes and fixtures
- An all-new exclusive open-air hideaway – known as The Retreat Sundeck – for suite guests designed by Hoppen, featuring a new hot tub, cabanas, loungers, artwork, and more
- The Retreat Lounge – formerly Michael’s Club – an exclusive 24/7 lounge for suite guests designed by Hoppen, offering complimentary beverages, gourmet bites and concierge service
- A total of 30 new staterooms, including 13 new AquaClass Staterooms, seven new Ocean View Staterooms and 10 new Inside Staterooms
Other luxurious enhancements across the cruise ship include the following:
Xcelerate Wi-Fi throughout the ship, and the addition of RFID lock technology with digital key.
Boutiques featuring some of the hottest designers in the world including Shinola, John Hardy, and TAG Heuer.
A new, wellness-focused spa design for Canyon Ranch at Sea, transforming the treatment rooms, salon, fitness center, and locker rooms.
A new, semi-private consultation area in the fitness center for personal training and consultations.
An enhanced Persian Garden thermal suite, where therapeutic spaces and experiences, such as Turkish bath, infrared sauna, and salt therapy.
An enhanced Art Gallery and Photo Gallery, plus a sleek and sophisticated new design for The Casino both in partnership with HBA.
A redesigned Casino Bar, poised to be one of the most exciting places aboard to celebrate.
State-of-the-art slot machines that make The Casino one of the most cutting-edge gaming experiences at sea.
Celebrity Summit is currently sailing cruises to the Caribbean from San Juan, Puerto Rico. The cruise ship will relocate to New York later this spring and sail seven night cruises to Bermuda.