This fourth Royal class ship will be built at the Fincantieri shipyard and is scheduled for delivery for either 2019 or 2020. (Carnival Corp. has yet to release the exact date of delivery) The first two Royal class ships, Royal Princess and Regal Princess, have been extremely popular with passengers since they have been in service. The 3rd Royal class ship, Majestic Princess, will homeport in China and is scheduled to be completed in 2017.
The Royal class ships offer the following features:
- Largest outdoor LCD screens at sea.
- The SeaWalk extending 28 feet beyond the edge of the ship with a glass-paneled walkway.
- Nightly fountain, light, and sound show on the lido deck.
- Princess Live, a TV studio hosting events throughout each day.
- Large atrium that is the center of social activity on the ships.
- Princess Cruises largest theater.
The name, homeport, and itineraries for this fourth Royal class ship from Princess Cruises will be announced at a later time. Cruise Fever will have all details when they are released.