The newest cruise port opened in the Caribbean this past week when Norwegian Dawn was the first ship to call on Harvest Caye.
Harvest Caye is Norwegian Cruise Line’s new resort-style destination located in southern Belize. After nearly a year of delays, this much anticipated 75 acre tropical paradise opened on November 17 and features the following amenities:
- Expansive pool area with swim-up pool bar, cascading waterfall and private canopy cabanas.
- Landshark Bar & Grill, a two-story indoor/outdoor restaurant with a scenic second deck in partnership with Jimmy Buffett.
- Luxurious beachside cabanas that accommodate up to 10 guests and feature concierge food and beverage service.
- The Flighthouse, a thrilling 130-foot high venue for aerial activities featuring 3,000 feet of zip lining across the island.
- Shallow lagoon area for watersports such as kayaking, paddle boarding and canoeing, as well as manatee observations led by tour guides
- Large marina with food and bar area, offering guests a variety of exciting shore excursions and ferry service to Malacate on the mainland.
- Expansive shopping village featuring popular name-brand retailers as well as local Belizean craftsmen.
Video Overview of Harvest Caye
Several different Norwegian cruise ships (Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Jade, and Norwegian Pearl) will stop at Harvest Cay, as well as ships from sister cruise lines Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises.
More photos of Harvest Caye:
Photos courtesy of Norwegian Cruise Line.