Every three to five years, Carnival Cruise Line’s cruise ships go into dry dock for routine maintenance and also to have new features added to the ships.
When cruise ships go into dry dock, they receive routine hotel maintenance (new beds etc) and cosmetic upgrades in public areas that include lighting, new carpet, tile work, and wall coverings. Lately, cruise lines have also been adding new restaurants (Guy’s Burger Joint on Carnival), water slides, new staterooms, and giant outdoor TV screens to ships that do not have them. Also, the dry dock gives cruise lines time to work on parts of the ships that are under the water line (azipods, propellers etc).
Since many cruisers enjoy cruising on ships that have recently been updated, here is Carnival Cruise Line’s updated schedule for dry dock upgrades for their cruise ships for the next few years. This list was recently updated with information directly from Carnival Cruise Line.
- Carnival Sunshine – October 7-20, 2018
- Carnival Inspiration – November 2-15, 2018
- Carnival Fantasy – January 7-20, 2019
- Carnival Pride – February 3-16, 2019
- Carnival Freedom – February 13 through March 3, 2019
- Carnival Triumph – March 1 through April 28, 2019
- Carnival Ecstasy – October 5-16, 2019
- Carnival Splendor – November 2019
- Search Deals on Carnival Cruise Line (Cruises from $179)
So far in 2018, several Carnival cruise ships have already been refurbished in dry dock. This list will be updated as Carnival Cruise Line announces the future schedule for dry docks and upgrades.
Learn the cruise secrets most people don't know and cruise like a boss. Check out Intelligent Cruiser here for a better cruise vacation. (Sponsored)