Viking Ocean Cruises has announced their first ever world cruise, an epic 141 day journey that will visit five continents, 35 countries, and 66 ports of call, including 12 port overnights.
This world cruise will take place during the maiden season of Viking Sun, the fourth of the award winning ocean cruise ships from Viking Ocean Cruises. The cruise will depart from Miami, Florida on December 15, 2017 and conclude in London, England on May 5, 2018.
The cruise will start off by visiting Cuba and several ports in the Caribbean. After a trip through the Panama Canal and a stop in Los Angeles, Viking Sun will cross the Pacific and visit the French Polynesia with stops in Tahiti and Bora Bora. The journey will continue to New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, China, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, and India before visiting Egypt and passing through the Suez Canal. Once in the Mediterranean, Viking Sun will visit ports in Europe (Italy, Malta, Spain, and Portugal) and Africa before arriving in London on May 5. Click on the following map for a larger version to view the entire itinerary.
Within the first week of announcing this epic world cruise, over 1/3 of the cabins have already been reserved. Prices start at $44,999 per person for a balcony stateroom up to $130,499 per person for the owner’s suite. The owner’s suite includes a conference room, living room, dining area, large bathroom, sauna with floor to ceiling windows for views of the ocean, and a huge balcony. All prices include the following:
- Business class air from select gateway cities
- Ground transfers to and from the ship
- All gratuities and service fees
- Silver Spirits beverage package
- Free laundry services
- All onboard medical services
- One excursion in each port of call
- Dining in all restaurants (exception: Kitchen Table)
- Free unlimited WiFi
Book by May 31 and also receive $2,000 in shipboard credit, $750 in spa services, and $750 shop credit good for any of the onboard boutiques.
Highlights of this 141 day world cruise include:
- Havana’s Authentic Old Town – Spend two days in Havana engaging in authentic Cuban experiences.
- Path Between the Seas – Cross through the 48 mile Panama Canal.
- Tahiti – One of the world’s most stunning and romantic destinations.
- Auckland – Overnight in the “City of Sails” and taking in Auckland’s stunning setting between two harbors.
- Shanghai – Overnight in this modern metropolis and center of finance.
- Sydney – Visit the Sydney Opera House and Royal Botanic Gardens.
- Bangkok – Visit Bangkok’s revered temples, traditional floating markets, and the elegant buildings of the renowned Grand Palace.
- Singapore – The world’s only island city-state.
- Medieval Malta – Enjoy the stunning coast that is dotted with iuzzu fishing boats, blue grottoes, and sweeping bays.
- Greenwich – Easy access to London’s iconic sights including Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and Buckingham Palace.
Viking Sun will be the fourth Venice class ship from Viking Cruises and will have all great features of the first three ships including all balcony staterooms, an aft infinity pool, a main pool with retractable roof, enriching entertainment, no nickel and diming, a no-fee thermal suite with snow grotto, and the elegant Wintergarden.