We asked the readers of CruiseFever.net to vote on the best cruise ports in the Caribbean in the annual Cruise Fever Fan Awards. The votes were counted and we compiled a list of the top 10 cruise ports in the Caribbean.
Before we list the top cruise ports in the Caribbean, here are the other winners in the Cruise Fever Fan Awards:
- Best Cruise Line – Carnival Cruise Line
- Best River Cruise Line – Viking River Cruises
- Most Anticipated New Cruise Ship in 2016 – Carnival Vista
- Best Cruise Line for Families – Royal Caribbean
- Best Cruise Line to Alaska – Princess Cruises
- Best Private Island – Half Moon Cay
Top 10 Best Cruise Ports in the Caribbean
8. Oranjestad – The capital of Aruba, this is port located in the Southern Caribbean and known for its turquoise water and white sandy beaches.
7. St. Kitts – St. Kitts, an island in the West Indies, is known for its rainforest and also offers excellent scuba and snorkeling.
6. San Juan – From the cobblestone streets of Old San Juan to the only rainforest in the U.S. National Forest System, a visit to San Juan is a highlight of any cruise. A visit is not complete without a stop at Finca Cialitos, a local coffee house where the owner grows and roasts his own coffee beans.
5. Grand Turk – The perfect port for a beach day, you can have a relaxing day at the beach or join the fun at the beach-side Margaritaville.
1. St Maarten – For the 2nd year in a row, St. Maarten was voted the #1 cruise port in the Caribbean. A visit to Maho Beach (a.k.a. Airport Beach) will never be forgotten, especially when the 747’s come in to land.