The largest cruise ship in the world, Royal Caribbean’s Symphony of the Seas, arrived in her homeport of Miami yesterday for the first time. Symphony of the Seas is the fourth Oasis class ship from the cruise line.
Fresh from her inaugural Europe season, Symphony of the Seas sailed into her permanent, year-round home at Royal Caribbean’s brand new, state-of-the-art Terminal A at PortMiami, the largest cruise terminal in the U.S.
The ultimate family ship, Symphony of the Seas will sail year-round 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries from Miami beginning November 17, and will add visits to the cruise line’s highly anticipated private island in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay, when it launches in May 2019. Designed to inspire unshakable wanderlust within guests of all ages, Symphony features a next-level collection of new experiences including:
- The two-story Ultimate Family Suite for eight guests includes an in-suite slide, air hockey table, building block wall and “Royal Genie” concierge.
- The high-energy Boardwalk with activities for all ages, including game-day favorites at Playmaker’s Sports Bar & Arcade, the Sugar Beach specialty candy and ice cream shop, face painting, caricature artists, live music and more.
- New restaurants including Hooked Seafood, featuring fresh New England-style favorites, and made-to-order Mexican “street fare” at El Loco Fresh.
- An out-of-this-world, glow-in-the-dark laser tag experience called Battle for Planet Z.
- An always-evolving Royal Caribbean app, designed to be a game changer for the guest experience, enables expedited arrival, more personalized experience on board and interactive onboard features.
- View Best Prices on Cruises on Symphony of the Seas
Symphony of the Seas also features a playlist of the greatest hits that Royal Caribbean guests know and love from the iconic Oasis Class of ships.
- The Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea, a 10-story test of courage.
- The Perfect Storm, a trio of thrilling multistory waterslides named Cyclone, Typhoon and Supercell.
- Two FlowRider surf simulators, pumping 34,000 gallons of water per minute, perfect for adventure-seekers wanting to hang ten.
- Twin rock-climbing walls, standing at 40 feet tall and boasting stunning sea views.
- A zip line nine decks high, speeding riders 82 feet across an open-air atrium.
- AquaTheater, an open-air theater with jaw-dropping, high-diving acrobatic and aquatic performances in the deepest pool at sea.
- Central Park, a green sanctuary lush with more than 20,000 living plants and trees.
- The official naming ceremony for Symphony of the Seas will take place on Nov. 15, 2018, during the pre-inaugural celebration hosted by the ship’s first-ever Godfamily – actors and avid Royal Caribbean fans Carlos and Alexa PenaVega, along with their toddler son Ocean.
The 25th ship in Royal Caribbean’s fleet, Symphony of the Seas encompasses 228,081 gross registered tons, measures 238 feet tall and spans 1,188 feet in length. Each week, Symphony will welcome 5,518 guests at double occupancy in 2,759 staterooms, including 28 additional balcony rooms that overlook the ocean or the ship’s signature Boardwalk neighborhood.
Royal Caribbean International is an award-winning global cruise brand with a 49-year legacy of innovation and introducing industry “firsts” never before seen at sea. The cruise line features an expansive and unmatched array of features and amenities only found on Royal Caribbean, including jaw-dropping, state-of-the-art entertainment and industry-acclaimed programming that appeals to families and adventurous vacationers alike.