The cruise line also announced an exclusive collaboration with LDV Hospitality to bring the critically-acclaimed Scarpetta concept to Norwegian Encore with Onda by Scarpetta, reaffirming the company’s commitment to providing elevated dining experiences across the fleet. View Prices on Cruises on Norwegian Encore
The name Scarpetta is derived from the Italian expression, ‘fare la Scarpetta,’ which means to savor a meal to the last bite. Onda, or “wave” in Italian, will adapt the same ethos and bring the charm and effortless elegance of its urbane Scarpetta sister to sea. The menu will showcase the rich and bold flavors the modern Italian restaurant is known for, including a selection of beautifully prepared seafood and signature dishes, such as Yellowtail Crudo, Branzino, pastas made in-house daily such as Scarpetta’s famous Spaghetti Tomato and Basil, and the very best desserts of the region, providing guests with a true ‘la dolce vita,’ or ‘the good life,’ experience.
Many of the highly rated restaurants and lounges that have made the Breakaway Plus class one of the most innovative and successful in the company’s history will be present on Norwegian Encore.
With over 34 venues to be enjoyed, the ship will offer an eclectic blend of culinary fare for every palate, including:
- American Diner, for all-American classics
- Cagney’s Steakhouse, serving premium cuts
- Food Republic, for a fusion of worldly flavors
- Le Bistro, serving the finest in French cuisine
- Los Lobos, for premium Mexican fare
- Ocean Blue, offering fresh seafood creations
- Q, serving authentic Texas barbecue
- Teppanyaki, for an entertaining Hibachi-style experience
Sweets, Treats and More
- Coco’s, the ultimate indulgence with over-the-top sundaes, milkshakes, gelato and more
Dolce Gelato on The Waterfront
- Starbucks, a full-service licensed store
- The Bake Shop, for French macarons, bonbons and cupcakes
Similar to the incredible dining venues aboard, Norwegian Encore is sure to be a paradise for cocktail connoisseurs with curated concoctions by James Beard Award-nominee and Bar-Lab founder, Gabe Orta, and cocktails on tap by celebrity mixologist Kathy Casey. Venues include:
- The A-List Bar
- The Cellars – A Michael Mondavi Family Wine Bar, with its curated wine list of over 35 varietals
- The District Brew House, with 24 beers on tap, 50 bottled beers from around the world and favorites from Miami’s Wynwood Brewing Company
- Maltings Whiskey Bar
- Mixx Bar
- Skyline Bar
- Sugarcane Mojito Bar
- Vibe Beach Club, an expanded two-story, adults-only lounge with private sun deck
Staying true to the vision of bringing guests closer to the ocean through the available experiences on board, the quarter-mile-long oceanfront promenade – The Waterfront, will offer outdoor dining and lounging at Cagney’s Steakhouse, Los Lobos, The Cavern Club, Dolce Gelato, Sugarcane Mojito Bar, Ocean Blue and the debuting Onda by Scarpetta.
Launching this fall, Norwegian Encore will offer seven-day voyages to the Eastern Caribbean, beginning November 24, 2019; four, five and seven-day itineraries to Bermuda and five and nine-day itineraries to Canada and New England from New York City beginning April 22, 2020; five, six and seven-day cruises to the Western Caribbean from Miami beginning December 12, 2020; and in the spring of 2021 will make her West Coast debut and sail to Alaska from Seattle.