MSC Cruises will offer over 90 cruise itineraries with cruises ranging from two to 24 nights.
Key Caribbean Winter 2020/2021 Highlights Include:
- MSC Meraviglia to sail 7-night cruises from Miami, alternating eastern and western Caribbean itineraries, departing every Saturday.
- MSC Armonia to offer a mix of three-, four- and seven-night cruises visiting Key West, Nassau and MSC Cruises’ private Bahamian destination, Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve.
- MSC Seaside will head to a brand new homeport, Port Canaveral three-, four- and seven-night cruises to the Caribbean, visiting George Town, Cozumel, Nassau and Ocean Cay, depending on itinerary.
MSC Cruises also announced a new, comprehensive and enhanced health & safety protocol is being developed in collaboration with relevant national health authorities and with the support of a team of external medical experts. This protocol will cover all aspects of the cruise, starting with the booking phase and all the way through to disembarkation and the return home.
It will also include all aspects of life on board and the precautionary measures will ensure the health and wellbeing of guests and crew, including enhanced sanitation measures, enhanced medical facilities and health screenings for guests and crew. The full details of these new precautionary health and safety measures will be announced in the coming days.
MSC Cruises’ Fall and Winter 2020/2021 Caribbean Overview
For the first time, MSC Cruises will also introduce Port Canaveral as a brand new homeport, with MSC Seaside offering a mix of three-, four- and seven-night cruises to the Caribbean. Depending on the itinerary, guests have the opportunity to visit George Town, Cozumel, Nassau and Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve.
MSC Meraviglia will sail every Saturday from Miami offering two seven-night alternating eastern and western Caribbean itineraries. Eastern Caribbean itineraries will include visits to San Juan, Puerto Rico for an evening experience; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; and Nassau and Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve in The Bahamas. Western Caribbean itineraries will include stops in Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico; and Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve.
MSC Armonia, homeporting in Miami, will offer a mix of three-, four- and seven-night cruises with itineraries visiting Key West, Nassau and Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve.
Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve will remain a highlight of the MSC Cruises Caribbean itineraries, with all three ships sailing from the U.S. calling at the private island destination in The Bahamas. Exclusive to MSC Cruises’ guests, and located just 65 nautical miles from Miami, the island is surrounded by 64 square miles of marine reserve, offering guests an opportunity to discover local marine life, soak up the spirit of Bahamian culture and reconnect with themselves and each other.
MSC Poesia will replace MSC Splendida to serve the South Caribbean and the Antilles with the originally planned itineraries departing from Fort de France, Martinique on seven-night, seven-destination itineraries and 14-night sailings from Barbados visiting some of the best islands the Caribbean has to offer.
All guests whose bookings are impacted by any changes due to the fall and winter 2021 deployment will be moved to another ship serving the same or similar itinerary, while protecting the price of their original booking. In addition, these guests will be eligible for the following compensation:
- All guests who have booked an inside or oceanview stateroom will receive a stateroom upgrade
- All guests booked in a balcony stateroom, a suite or a MSC Yacht Club stateroom will receive a shipboard credit of $100 per stateroom for cruises six nights or less (based on double occupancy, $50 for single occupancy). For cruises of seven nights or longer, guests will receive $200 per stateroom (based on double occupancy, $100 for single occupancy).
Alternatively, MSC Cruises USA guests have the ability to transfer the amount currently paid on their booking to another ship and sailing in MSC Cruises’ fleet or can opt for a refund of their deposit amount, based on normal cancellation policies.