Technology will take the guest experience on Hurtigruten’s world’s-first hybrid powered expedition cruise ship MS Roald Amundsen to a new level. Her high-tech centerpiece will be the tallest and most spectacular LED screen at sea.
The screen will be located in MS Roald Amundsen’s atrium. Facing the three all-glass elevators, it towers all the way up to and including deck 10. Featuring cutting edge LED technology, the screen will provide a resolution beyond 4K Ultra-HD, with perfect seamless and borderless display.
Featured content on the screen will include:
- Bespoke backdrops from stunning landscapes
- Live coverage from outside the ship, captured by the ships professional photographer with the most advanced camera equipment in the world.
- 360 degree ultra-high resolution panoramic images from the mast.
- Live lectures and presentations from various on board venues.
- High-Fidelity sound “follows” the picture.
The stunning scenery will be reflected in a modern Scandinavian design – with features spanning from the high-tech Amundsen Science Center, vast observation decks, an infinity pool, panoramic sauna, wellness center, three restaurants, bars, Explorer Lounge, aft-facing suites with private outdoor hot tubs, and the laidback atmosphere that creates the special Hurtigruten on board feel.
Building on 125 years of Norwegian pioneering heritage, Hurtigruten is today the world’s largest expedition cruise company.
Hurtigruten’s rapidly growing fleet of custom-build expedition ships takes modern-day adventure travellers to the world’s most spectacular destinations on our Planet – from the High North to Antarctica in the south.