Carnival Corporation, an industry leader operating nine cruise lines and over 100 cruise ships, has been recognized as a CES 2019 Innovation Awards Honoree for their new wearable devices on cruises, OceanMedallion. OceanMedallino is a revolutionary wearable device that powers the breakthrough guest experience platform behind MedallionClass vacations.
1. Keyless Stateroom Access: Stateroom entry is a seamless experience where each guest is securely validated and the door automatically unlocks, with personalized greetings launching soon.
2. OceanNow: Using smart devices, guests have the ability to place a food or drink order and have it delivered directly to them in food and beverage locations throughout the ship.
3. MedallionPay: All guests use an easy and hassle-free payment experience enabling crew members to focus on guest service interactions.
4. OceanCasino: On smart devices and select portals, guests can wager real money on a portfolio of games, including slots, poker, bingo, roulette, keno and lottery from anywhere on board.
5. OceanCompass featuring OceanNav and ShipMates: On select portals guests can use OceanNav for point-to-point wayfinding throughout the ship via an intelligent navigation assistant, and utilize ShipMates to easily locate friends, family and kids.
6. JourneyView: On portals throughout the ship, guests can access a real-time look at their itinerary, along with events and activities taking place during their cruise.
7. OceanView: Guests can stream more than 100 hours of award-winning Ocean Original travel content – which airs nationally on weekends on ABC and NBC – to their smart device anywhere on the ship at no cost.
8. PlayOcean: On portals located shipwide, guests are able to play family games, including trivia, word jumble, a matching game and Ocean Treks Adventure – an interactive, shipwide digital scavenger hunt.
Carnival Corporation is rolling out the OceanMedallion to Princess cruise ships first with an eventual goal of having it on multiple cruise lines. OceanMedallion has been rolled out to Caribbean Princess with Crown Princess, Ruby Princess, and Golden Princess next in line for the wearable device.
Carnival Corporation is the largest leisure travel company in the world operating nine cruise lines and over 100 cruise ships. The cruise lines include Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Seabourn, AIDA Cruises, P&O Cruises (Australia) and P&O Cruises (UK), as well as Fathom, the corporation’s immersion and enrichment experience brand.