Norwegian Cruise Line’s one of a kind ship, Norwegian Epic, emerged from a three week drydock with ship wide enhancements that range from a new Broadway show to refreshed dining venues.
The following is a list of enhancements that Norwegian Epic received during her drydock:
- New Broadway show Priscilla Queen of the Desert – The Musical.
- The Cavern Club – New venue that will take you back to Liverpool where the Beatles popularity skyrocketed.
- Renovations to Moderno, La Cucina, Cagney’s, Le Bistro, Manhatten Room, Taste, Garden Cafe.
- Added SplashGolf in the Kids Aqua Park
- Renovations to Mandara Spa
- Renovations to Epic Theater
- Renovations to the Casino
- Renovations to The Haven
- Renovations to Bliss Ultra Lounge
- Renovations to the Marketplace on the lido deck
Other important updates and renovations will help the ship be more energy efficient. Norwegian Epic received new energy efficient hull paint, Becker Rudders, and more efficient propeller caps. A number of safety upgrades were also given to Epic that included the release system for lifeboats and tenders, air duct upgrades, and an overhaul of the ship’s thrusters and stablizers.
Norwegian Epic will continue sailing to the Mediterranean for the next year before heading to the ship’s new homeport in Port Canaveral, Florida in the fall of 2016. Once in Florida, the vessel will sail seven night cruises to the Eastern and Western Caribbean along with a series of three and four night cruises to the Bahamas.
Photo Credit: Norwegian Cruise Line