Seabourn started out by stating that the upcoming changes are due to the wishes of their guests, and for the comfort and convenience of all of their passengers. The cruise line used a survey over the past year, comments from travel agents, and responses from past guests to modify their onboard smoking policy.
Smoking will no longer be permitted anywhere inside any Seabourn ship at any time. This includes the verandas of guest suites. The new policy will take effect on the following dates for each ship in Seabourn’s fleet:
- Seabourn Quest: 11/28/16, Buenos Aries – Valparaiso
- Seabourn Encore: 12/4/16, Athens – Dubai
- Seabourn Sojourn: 12/5/16, Dubai – Singapore
- Seabourn Odyssey: 12/7/16, Lisbon – Ft. Lauderdale
Smoking of electronic cigarettes will be permitted in guest suites, as well as other designated smoking areas. Smoking of water pipes, glass pipes or other smoking devices is not permitted on board.
Smoking will be allowed in the following designated areas on Seabourn ships:
- On the starboard half of the Sky Bar on Deck 9 (Seabourn Encore Deck 10) including the bar stools.
- On the starboard half of the open terrace aft of The Club on Deck 5.
- Smoking of cigarettes, pipes and cigars is permitted on the open terrace aft of Seabourn Square on Deck 7. This is the only area on board where pipe and cigar smoking is permitted.
Seabourn’s new smoking policy will similar to the policies that most cruise lines have adapted over the past few years.
Seabourn Cruise Line is a luxury cruise line based out of Seattle, Washington and is a subsidiary by Carnival Corporation.
Photo Credit: Ivan T. via Wiki Creative Commons 3.0