Carnival Cruise Line has added enhanced shore excursions in some of the most popular ports in the Caribbean, Bahamas, and Mexico. These new experiences include customized private tours, complimentary beach activities, and free tours for children under 5 in select ports.
What new excursions are available in which ports? Here is a rundown of the enhanced shore excursions that are now available with Carnival.
- Island Beach Escape for Families by Power Catamaran – Visit the white, sandy beaches of Passion Island via Catamaran that is a perfect excursion for families. Enjoy a Mexican-style buffet while taking part in all of the resort’s activities. Activities include water trampolines, volleyball, and pedal boats. (Children under 5 free with paying adults)
- La Casa en La Playa – A five hour long tour to a beach house located on a white, sandy beach, complete with a private chef and wait staff. Look how to cook authentic Mexican dishes and make Mexican drinks. Tour is limited to 30 guests.
- Photo Safari & Beach Expedition – A two day experience that begins with a one hour onboard seminar led by the ship’s photographers. The following day, receive a hands on demonstration with a visit to a national park and gorgeous beaches.
- Eat, Drink, & Walk – A walking and cultural tour of St. Peter Mountain Great House & Botanical Gardens that overlooks the 15 islands of the Virgin Islands chain. Learn how to make banana daiquiris and enjoy Caribbean treats like johnny cakes, plantains, saltfish, and West Indian pumpkin soup.
All excursions are also covered by Carnival’s Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee.
- Family Treasure Hunt at Blue Lagoon – Discover hidden treasures, collect clues, and answer trivia questions to win the Pirate’s Bounty. Enjoy a grilled lunch as you relax on a powdery beach. (Children under 5 free with paying adults)
- Jamaican Home for the Day – Enjoy your own Jamaican home for the day and enjoy a home cooked island lunch. The property includes a secluded beach.
- Eat, Drink & Dance – Take an “island time” tour where you will take in Jamaica’s unique food, music, and culture. Try samples at a jerk hut, and a meal at Miss T’s Kitchen (featured in Guy Fieri’s Family Vacation). End the day with a reggae dance lesson.
- Enjoy the day at the luxurious Seawinds Beach Club that includes a buffet lunch and drinks. Enjoy water sports like snorkeling, sailing, and kayarking or enjoy one of the many pools located on the property. (Children under 5 free with paying adults)
- Family Beach Escape – Spend the day at a beachside resort as you sit under oversized umbrellas and cool down with tropical drinks. For kids, there is face painting, treasure hunts, and sandcastle making competitions. Lunch is included. (Children under 5 free with paying adults)
Experienced local guides are available for those looking to take off the beaten path excursions. Tour operators will come onboard the ship to meet the passengers (instead of gathering on the pier) as part of Carnival’s new onboard lounge tour dispatch system.