Royal Caribbean International announced a partnership today with Google that brings the Google Maps Business View using Google’s Street View Technology to the largest cruise ship in the world, the Allure of the Seas. They are the first cruise line to offer this technology on a cruise ship.
Future passengers will be now be able to get an inside look and take a virtual tour of the Allure of the Seas from their computer, smartphone, or tablet. Visit http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/royalview and scroll to the bottom of the page to start the virtual tour. You will be able to see:
- Unique activities such as the Flowrider, Zip Line, Rock Wall, & Aquatheatre
- Ship Neighborhoods: Royal Promenade, Central Park, The Boardwalk, & the Sun Deck
- Family Fun: Ice Rink, Swimming Pools, & H2O Zone
- Restaurants: 150 Central Park, Giovanni’s Table, Chops Grille, Cupcake Cupboard, Ice Cream Parlor
- Rooms: Central Park Room, Loft Suite, & Balcony Stateroom
Royal Caribbean believes that by using the Street View Technology, they will be able to give their consumers an interactive, unique experience when choosing their vacation.
We would love to hear your thoughts about taking virtual tours of cruise ships in the comment section below. Is this something you would take advantage of before booking a cruise?