Cruise News 2014 Hurricane Season & Cruises

2014 Hurricane Season & Cruises

June 1 marked the beginning of the 2014 hurricane season which runs through the end of November.  Each year hurricanes and tropical storms cause cruise lines to alter itineraries as they try to keep a safe distance from the storms, yet do everything in their power to keep from canceling a cruise.

The 2013 hurricane season was predicted to be a busy one but was much calmer than anticipated.  Only a handful of cruises has to make minor itinerary adjustments and there were no cruises canceled due to storms.

Forecasters this year are predicting a 50% chance that there will be fewer hurricanes than on average, 40% chance that we will see the average number of hurricanes, and 10% chance that 2014 will have more hurricanes than average.

Sponsored Links

The NOAA is predicting 8-13 named storms, 3-6 hurricanes, and 3 major hurricanes.  Cruise Fever will keep this page updated throughout the hurricane season and will have all updates if any cruises are impacted from storms.

The following are the storm names for 2014:

  • Arthur
  • Bertha
  • Cristobal
  • Dolly
  • Edouard
  • Fay
  • Gonzalo
  • Hanna
  • Isaias
  • Josephine
  • Kyle
  • Laura
  • Marco
  • Nana
  • Omar
  • Paulette
  • Rene
  • Sally
  • Teddy
  • Vicky
  • Wilfred

Be sure to bookmark this page as we will link each storm to the cruises that are affected.

What happens if there is a hurricane during your cruise?

Photo Credit: Wikipedia

Learn the cruise secrets most people don't know and cruise like a boss. Check out Intelligent Cruiser here for a better cruise vacation. (Sponsored)


Looking for the Best Cruise Deals?
Search Multiple Sites at Once
Instant Real Time Pricing
Search Now
Ben Souza
Ben is a world traveler who has visited 42 countries and taken over 50 cruises. His writings have appeared and been cited in various media outlets such as Yahoo News, MSN, NPR, Drudge Report, CNN, Fox, and ABC News. Ben currently resides in Cincinnati, Ohio. Follow Ben on Instagram. Visit Ben Souza on Linkedin. You may email Ben at [email protected]
Cruise News 2014 Hurricane Season & Cruises

Follow Cruise Fever

415,830FansLike
91,286FollowersFollow
18,257FollowersFollow
5,183FollowersFollow
47,500SubscribersSubscribe
Sponsored Links

Recent Articles

Share
Tweet
Pin
Email
Share