Carnival Cruise Line has launched a free mobile app that will allow passengers to access information about their cruise while on board. The cruise line is also rolling out enhanced internet access that will include a social media package for only $5 per day.
The app will debut on the Carnival Breeze and will also allow guests to send messages to each other while on board. There will be a one time flat fee of $5 per cruise to use the messaging service but the app itself will be free. The app will be available for download on iPhones and Android devices.
The social media internet package will cost $5 per day/or $25 for the length of each cruise and will give each passenger access to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and other popular social networking sites. The Carnival Freedom, Breeze, and Sunshine will be the first ships to offer this new feature.
Gus Antorcha, Carnival’s senior vice president of guest commerce, gave the following statement:
“Consumers expect a high level of connectivity even while on vacation and these new enhancements provide our guests not only with helpful tools for getting the most out of their cruise but also a convenient and cost-effective way for keeping in touch with their family and friends while on board.
We recognize the increasingly important role that technology plays in people’s daily lives and the launch of this application and new Internet packages provides us with a strong platform for introducing additional innovations and ways to use technology to enhance our guest experience even further.”
The app will include the following features:
- A day-by-day schedule of hundreds of on-board events, from nightly show times at the Punchliner Comedy Club presented by George Lopez and Playlist Production shows to movies and sporting events on the big screen at Seaside Theatre and Seuss at Sea events.
- A “favorites” feature that allows guests to see what events and activities their sailing companions are participating in.
- Information on casual dining options such as Guy’s Burger Joint, BlueIguana Cantina and The Taste Bar, along with details on the RedFrog Pub and other popular watering holes
- Searchable deck plans with key areas highlighted, providing a comprehensive layout of the ship’s various on-board offerings.
- Itinerary details, including current ship time and arrival/departure times for upcoming port calls.
- Real-time information on guests’ current Sail & Sign shipboard account balance.
All rollout of the app to all 24 Carnival ships is expected to take 18-24 months. For complete details, visit Carnival-News.com.
Learn the cruise secrets most people don't know and cruise like a boss. Check out Intelligent Cruiser here for a better cruise vacation. (Sponsored)
Search Multiple Sites at Once
Instant Real Time Pricing