Whether you are looking for a cruise to the warm waters of the Bahamas, the pink sands of Bermuda, or the fall foliage of Canada, you can find some great cruise destinations by sailing out of Boston’s cruise port. According to the port’s website, it is the “oldest continuously operated port in the Western Hemisphere.”
The port’s location
Being only 10 minutes from Boston Logan International Airport makes cruising out of Boston a breeze. You can find cab’s and shuttle buses running from the airport to the cruise port to make things easier, and this will also save you some money from parking at the port.
The port is really close to some great tourist attractions in the city as well. Being only 2 miles from the historic part of town, and 3 miles from the new trendy shopping areas, you can have the best of both worlds.
At only $16 per day, this is one of the cheapest cruise ports to park in. They take credit card payments for parking via MasterCard or Visa, and of course, for those who still carry cash they take that too. Keep in mind that the price of $16 is only for people who have cruise tickets. There is a new cell phone lot that makes it easier when picking up passengers too. It’s only ¼ mile from the port terminal and it’s very easy to find.
Cruise Ships and Destinations
There are currently 6 cruise ships that sail out of Boston: The Norwegian Dawn, Cystal Cruises Symphony, Carnival’s Glory, Holland America’s Maasdam and Veendam, and Royal Caribbean’s Jewel of the Seas.
Since Boston can get quite chilly in the winter months, these cruises only sail from April to October.
Here are some of the destinations you can visit from the Boston’s port:
Norwegian Dawn Cruises: (Norwegian Dawn)
- Nowhere – A 2 day cruise that simply lets you enjoy being on a cruise ship with all the free food and fun you can handle. Sometimes you just need to getaway to nowhere.
- 6 and 7 Night Bermuda Cruise from Boston (April – September)
- 7 night cruise to New England: Portland, Maine; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Prince Edward Island, La Baie, Canada, Quebec City, Quebec. (September – October)
- 14 night New England Cruise: Portland, Maine; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Prince Edward Island; La Baie, Canada; Quebec City, Quebec; Newfoundland; Sydney, Nova Scotia; Saint John, New Brunswick; Bar Harbor, Maine.. (September, October)
Carnival Cruises out of Boston (Carnival Glory)
- 4 and 5 Night Cruise to Canada: Saint John, New Brunswick; Halifax, Nova Scotia. (June – July)
- 7 Night Cruise to Canada: Portland, Maine; Saint John New Brunswick; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Sydney, Nova Scotia. (June)
Holland America Cruises Out of Boston (Maasdam, Veendam)
- 7 night Canada/New England Cruise: Bar Harbor, Maine; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Sydney, Nova Scotia; Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island; Quebec City, Quebec; Montreal, Quebec. (May – September)
- 18 night South American Cruise: Charleston, SC; Fort Lauderdale, FL; San Blas Islands, Panama; Ecudor; Salaverry, Peru; Lima, Peru; La Serena, Chile; Santiago, Chile. (October)
- 18 night Transatlantic Cruise: Corner Brook, Newfoundland; Red Bay, Canada; Nanortalik; Reykjavik, Iceland; Djupivogur, Iceland; Geiranger, Norway; Aalesund, Norway; Bergen, Norway; Amsterdam, the Netherlands. (July)
- 31 Night South American Cruise (October)
- 35 Night Transatlantic Cruise (July)
Royal Caribbean Cruises out of Boston (Jewel of the Seas)
- 7 night Canada/New England: Portland Cruise, Maine; Bar Harbor, Maine; Saint John, New Brunswick; Halifax, Nova Scotia. (September – October)
- 14 night Caribbean Cruise: St Thomas, US Virgin Islands; Basseterre, St Kitts; Castries, St Lucia; Bridgetown, Barbados; Willemstad, Curacao; Oranjestad, Aruba; Tampa, Fla. (Late October)
Crystal Cruises out of Boston (Crystal Symphony)
- 7 night New England Cruise: Bar Harbor, Maine; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Quebec City, Quebec; Montreal, Quebec. (October)
Want to cruise like a pro? Check out some insider secrets to saving money on cruises and avoid the 20 mistakes that most cruisers make with the Intelligent Cruiser here (Sponsored).
Search Multiple Sites at Once
Instant Real Time Pricing