The ship returned to her homeport in Honolulu, Hawaii on Saturday with newly designed public spaces, refreshed decor in staterooms, and brand new venues. The enhancement is part of Norwegian’s $400 milllion Edge program that is raising the standard of excellence across the Norwegian brand. The program is aimed at improving the entire guest experience to set Norwegian apart from other cruise lines.
Andy Stuart, president and chief operating officer at Norwegian Cruise Line, gave the following statement:
“When guests step aboard the all new Pride of America they will be amazed by the breadth of this renovation. This is much more than just a fresh coat of paint and new drapes. Pride of America is now essentially a new ship, and the only one to offer this incredibly unique way to experience the Hawaiian Islands with 100 hours of time in port.”
The following was done during the three and a half week drydock for Pride of America:
- New Soho Art Gallery
- New Perspectives Photo Studio
- Dolce Gelato, Norwegian’s signature gelateria
- New Wedding Chapel on deck six with new flooring, furniture, and wall fixtures.
- All staterooms received new bedding, new furniture, new flat screen TVs, and updated flooring.
- Several of the ship’s restaurants and bars were refreshed from top to bottom.
- Refinished pool, new loungers, and jacuzzis.
- Conservatory transformed.
- Mandara Spa was expanded and revitalized.
- La Cucina was transformed into an elegant and intimate venue.
- Other restaurants including specialty dining were all redone.
In addition to the hardware changes, the ship will now have new menus in all dining venues. A la carte items can now be purchased in the complimentary dining rooms.
Pride of America is the only cruise ship to sail year round, seven day intra-Hawaii Cruises. Each cruise has over 100 hours of time in port and visits Hawaii’s main islands. There are overnight stops in Maui and Kaua`i.
Photo Credit: Norwegian Cruise Line
Learn the cruise secrets most people don't know and cruise like a boss. Check out Intelligent Cruiser here for a better cruise vacation. (Sponsored)
Search Multiple Sites at Once
Instant Real Time Pricing