We asked our readers who are diehard cruisers to vote for their favorite cruise ports in the Caribbean in the 5th Annual Cruise Fever Fan Awards. We counted the votes and here are 2017’s top 10 best cruise ports in the Caribbean.
10. Oranjestad – The capital of Aruba, this is port located in the Southern Caribbean and known for its turquoise water and white sandy beaches.
8. St. Kitts – St. Kitts, an island in the West Indies, is known for its rainforest and also offers excellent scuba and snorkeling.
7. Barbados – Not only does Barbados offer gorgeous Caribbean beaches, the island also has a rainforest and an underground network of caves, lakes, streams and waterfalls.
6. Grand Turk – The perfect port for a beach day, you can have a relaxing day at the beach or join the fun at the beach-side Margaritaville. See things to do in Grand Turk.
5. San Juan – From the cobblestone streets of Old San Juan to the only rainforest in the U.S. National Forest System, a visit to San Juan is a highlight of any cruise. A visit to Old San Juan is not complete without a stop at Finca Cialitos, a local coffee house where the owner grows and roasts his own coffee beans.
5. Cozumel – One of the most visited cruise ports in the Caribbean, you can rent a jeep and drive the loop to experience all that the island has to offer. See things to do in Cozumel on a cruise.
3. Grand Cayman – Grand Cayman is not only known for world class snorkeling and diving, but it is also home to Stingray City.
2. St. Thomas – Although the port is known for its shopping, the true gem of stopping in St. Thomas is the close proximity to St. John. A visit to Trunk Bay should be on everyone’s bucket list.
1. St Maarten – For the 3rd year in a row, St. Maarten was voted the #1 cruise port in the Caribbean. A visit to Maho Beach (a.k.a. Airport Beach) will never be forgotten, especially when the larger airplanes come in to land.
Voting for the 5th Annual Cruise Fever Fan Awards took place on CruiseFever.net over the past 6 months and a record number of votes were cast in 2017. Each reader was allowed one vote and multiple votes from the same IP address were discarded.
About Cruise Fever: CruiseFever.net was founded in 2011 by two brothers who have a passion for cruising. In six years, Cruise Fever has become one of the most popular cruise blogs on the web with an annual readership of close to 10 million. Cruise Fever remains a family run website with one goal, to help our readers have the best possible cruise vacation.