Today, Princess Cruises released that Diamond Princess will take the place of Sapphire Princess and sail to South America and Antarctica from December 2021 through March 2022.
The itineraries for the maiden season include:
- December 1, 2021 Andes & South America
- December 1, 2021 Antarctica, Andes & Cape Horn Grand Adventure
- December 19, 2021 Antarctica & Cape Horn
- January 4 and 20, 2022 Antarctica & Cape Horn
- February 5, 19 and March 5, 2022 Cape Horn & Strait of Magellan
- March 5, 2022 Andes & Cape Horn Grand Adventure
- March 19, 2022 Andes & South America
In addition, Diamond Princess will sail on two new Pacific Crossings to and from Asia in fall 2021 and spring 2022 and sail the North Pacific Ocean with either Southeast Asia and Hawaii or Hawaii and Japan.
These sailings are between Los Angeles and either Singapore or Yokohama (Tokyo).
As a result of this change, three Sapphire Princess Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez cruises and three Hawaiian Islands cruises in fall 2021 and spring 2022 will be cancelled.