MSC Meraviglia, the first of a next generation class of cruise ships from MSC Cruises, has successfully completed her second round of sea trials.
During sea trials, the ship’s propulsion, speed, maneuverability, stabilizers, and safety features (fire suppression & life saving equipment) are all tested. MSC Cruises released the following video of MSC Meraviglia during sea trials.
The 167,600 gross ton ship will be the largest in MSC’s fleet when she is launched on June 1, 2017. MSC Meraviglia will sail the Mediterranean for her inaugural season and will have the following features:
- At full capacity, the ship can accommodate 5,714 guests
- The ship offers 12 distinct dining venues, serving a range of international dining options including five speciality restaurants
- There will be will be exclusive world-class entertainment with 12 Cirque du Soleil at Sea performances each week
- 75% of all staterooms have a balcony and family modular connected staterooms can be joined together to accommodate up to 10 guests
- The ship will be the 5th ship in MSC Cruises’ fleet to feature a Swarovski staircase
- The ship will feature a Mediterranean-style promenade featuring multiple bars, restaurants and shops, as well as the longest LED Sky Screen at sea which will broadcast atmospheric images and entertainment 24-hours a day
- Guests have access to 355,209 sq. ft. of public space across 15 public decks
- The longest LED Sky Screen at sea will broadcast atmospheric images and entertainment 24 hours a day
- There are 7 different kids clubs including a technology lab and a TV studio for the first time on a MSC Cruises ship
- The ship will offer more than 20 hours of daily entertainment
- More than 24 musicians will perform 40 hours of live music each day
- The ship will have a Star Wars pod and a flight simulator
- The ‘Himalayan Bridge’ which spans the ship will allow guests to climb 269 ft. above sea level
- There are 20 bars and lounges on the ship
- Guests will be able to use a NFC bracelet to unlock stateroom doors, make payments on board and book restaurants and shows
- Guests will be able to geolocate their children using the MSC Cruises App thanks to Bluetooth Beacons and wearable technology
- Guests will also be able to embark and disembark from the ship using their bracelet together with their Cruise Card
- Guests will be able to experience shore excursions in advance using Virtual Reality (“VR”) technology
MSC Meraviglia will home port in Miami, Florida for the 2019-2020 winter season.