Royal Caribbean has updated the timelime for the opening of the pier and attractions (Perfect Day) that the cruise line is building on their private island in the Bahamas, CocoCay.
Royal Caribbean is transforming CocoCay into the “Perfect Day” for cruisers that includes the tallest waterslide in North America, over the water cabanas, zip lines, the biggest wave pool in the Caribbean, a helium balloon that will rise 450 feet in the air, and the largest freshwater pool in the Caribbean. In addition to these new attractions, Royal Caribbean is building a much needed pier on the island that will eliminate the need for tendering from cruise ships.
The projects open in phases and the latest timeline is as follows:
- The new pier will begin welcoming guests to the island in March 2019
- Thrill Waterpark, the Zip Line, Splashaway Bay aqua park, Up, Up and Away helium balloon, Captain Jack’s Galleon, Skipper’s Grill dining, Captain Jack’s dining, Chill Island, Chill Grill dining, and Oasis Lagoon freshwater pool will open in May 2019.
- South Beach, Coco Beach Club and the overwater cabanas will open in December 2019
These dates are subject to change depending on the process of construction.
A map of what the island will look like when it is completed can be seen below:
What will be complimentary and what will come with an added surcharge? Splashaway Bay, Captains Jack’s Galleon, Oasis Lagoon, Chill Island, and South Beach will all be included in cruise fares. Free dining options will be Skipper’s Grill, Chill Grill, and Snack Shack.
Thrill Waterpark will cost $44-$99 per person for a full day or $39-$74 for a half day (PM only). Thrill Waterpark includes 13 waterslides, Wave Pool, Adventure Pool, beach chairs, towels, and dining at Snack Shack.
The zip line will cost $79-$139 per person. If you package the zip line with Thrill Waterpark, the price will be $99-$179 per person.
Coco Beach Club includes access to an exclusive beach, club house, and infinity pool. The price is $54-$99 per person for ages 13 and older. Kids 4-12 will cost $34-$69 each. Ages three and under will be complimentary.
Captain Jack’s will feature an a al carte dining menu.
There will also be five different types of cabanas that will hold anywhere from six to eight guests. The pricing is as follows:
- Chill Island Cabanas – $299-$569
- Oasis Lagoon Cabanas – $299-$569
- Thrill Waterpark Cabanas – $499-$869
- Coco Beach Club Beach Cabanas – $949-$1,549
- Coco Beach Club Overwater Cabanas – $999-$1,599
Prices will vary by season.
Learn the cruise secrets most people don't know and cruise like a boss. Check out Intelligent Cruiser here for a better cruise vacation. (Sponsored)