Carnival Cruise Line’s new and largest cruise ship, Mardi Gras, will feature an innovative new stateroom design when the vessel debuts next year.
The staterooms were developed in partnership with DCA Design International, a leading product design firm based in Warwick, England, that works across consumer goods, travel and transportation, commercial, and science and technology sectors.
The staterooms will reflect new and innovative design practices that are ergonomically-friendly and maximize visual space, clean lines, surfaces and storage. They include better use of space, sliding balcony doors, and glass shower doors in bathrooms.
Distinguished by muted turquoise hues, the staterooms on Mardi Gras are enhanced by design touches that include:
- Floor-to-ceiling glass sliding doors on nearly all verandahs for easier balcony access;
- New sofas that “flip” into a bed and foot stools that open up for storage;
- Clear glass doors on the in-room mini-refrigerators to see what’s inside;
- More 110V power outlets and USB connections both on the vanity and by the bed as well as more shelf space to accommodate electronic devices;
- Flexible bedside reading lamps that allow guests to read without disturbing others;
- A larger, customizable wardrobe with two pull-out bins, a sliding shoe rack, folding shelves and storage under the bed for luggage.
- Spacious bathrooms with glass shower doors, a first for the line, along with an in-shower shaving bar.
- View Prices on Cruises on Mardi Gras
Mardi Gras will offer the widest variety of accommodations of any Carnival Cruise line ship with more than 70 percent of staterooms featuring an ocean view or balcony. There will also be 300 pairs of connecting staterooms for large families or groups.
In addition to the newly redesigned staterooms with more balcony, ocean view and interior choices than ever before, Mardi Gras will offer favorites introduced on Carnival’s Vista-class including:
The tropics-inspired Havana staterooms feature vibrant interiors and an outdoor patio space. These staterooms have access to an exclusive open deck with sun loungers, Cuban-themed bar and relaxation pool.
Extra-roomy Family Harbor accommodations with their nautical décor are located near Camp Ocean, the children’s facility, and have access to the Family Harbor Lounge, an exclusive spot with breakfast and snacks throughout the day, plus board games, family movies, video games and more.
Cloud 9 Spa staterooms feature exclusive, soothing décor, spa bathrobes and slippers as well as Elemis toiletries. These accommodations offer privileges to the cruise ship’s spa.
Mardi Gras will also offer the most suites of any Carnival ship, with more than 180 on board the ship. Exciting details on the cruise ship’s suites and amenities will be announced next month, including the premium level Carnival Excel Suites, which will include a set of exclusive features and offerings.
Currently under construction at the Meyer Turku shipyard in Turku, Finland, Mardi Gras is slated to enter service in Europe August 31, 2020. After repositioning to New York for a series of cruises, the cruise ship will then head to Port Canaveral for year-round seven-day Caribbean cruises beginning in October 2020.