Carnival Cruise Line has updated their Future Cruise Vacation program (FCV) and the new program went into effect on May 8, 2017.
The Future Cruise Vacation is a program designed to encourage passengers to book their next Carnival cruise vacation with their travel agent by receiving an exclusive offer, which is only available for a limited time.
Under the new program, guests can still book onboard either direct with Carnival or under their travel agent at the Future Cruise Desk. Or, they may choose to book once home as the offer lasts under their VIFP #’s for two weeks post cruise.
Changes to the Future Cruise Vacation Program:
- OBC is now a flat amount of $50 per cruise ($100 for suite guests)
- Must book under the Future Cruise Early Saver with reduced deposit offer to get the OBC. No longer have a choice of a non refundable rate such as past guest rates etc.
- 2 category upgrade
- Reduced deposits of 50%
- Can still book onboard at the future cruise desk, since offer is tied to your VIFP # you may book via the HUB or contact your travel agent
- The offer now lasts two weeks post cruise so you may wait and book after you are home. Carnival remains the only cruise line to offer this option.
- No more Friends and Family Vouchers
- Offer is combinable with agency group bookings so, if your travel agent has a group sailing planned, you can combine this offer with any group amenities offered as long as you book before the offer expires.
- Unlike the old OBC which always remained, on this new program if you find a rate reduction at a later time, this OBC will disappear.
The update to this program went into effect on all Carnival cruise ships on May 8, 2017.
Here’s how it works:
At the beginning of your cruise, the FCV offer will be loaded into your VIFP profile. Then, during your cruise there will be a flyer placed inside their cabin which will explain the FCV offer in detail and provide instructions on how you can redeem the offer.
You will have following 3 options to redeem the offer:
- Book through a travel agent within two weeks of returning home
- Book through Loyalty Cruise Expert onboard
- Book using Carnival.com/FC from the FunHub or wireless device onboard