25 cruise ships from six mainstream cruise lines will be receiving multi-million dollar remodels in 2019. From Carnival Cruise Line to Royal Caribbean to Celebrity Cruises, here are the 25 cruise ships that are being renovated by the mainstream cruise lines this year.
Carnival Cruise Line
While Carnival Cruise Line has seven cruise ships receiving renovations in 2019, one of them will be receiving a monster makeover. Carnival Triumph will become Carnival Sunrise during a radical $200 million transformation this spring. The cruise ship will be receiving 115 new staterooms, a new waterpark with waterslides, new restaurants and lounges.
- Carnival Fantasy – January 7-20, 2019
- Carnival Pride – February 3-16, 2019
- Carnival Freedom – February 13 through March 3, 2019
- Carnival Triumph – March 1 through April 28, 2019
- Carnival Ecstasy – October 5-16, 2019
- Carnival Imagination – October 20 through November 2, 2019
- Carnival Splendor – October 30 through November 24, 2019
Royal Caribbean’s Royal Amplified is amping up their cruise ships like never before. With new waterslides, restaurants, and lounges, Royal Caribbean is making their cruise ships even better. The cruise line has five cruise ships going in to dry dock for renovations in 2019.
- Navigator of the Seas – January 3 through February 23, 2019
- Empress of the Seas – February 3 through March 3, 2019
- Voyager of the Seas – September 10 through October 14, 2019
- Oasis of the Seas – September 22 through November 23, 2019
- Quantum of the Seas – November 2019
Celebrity Revolution is a $400 million project from the Celebrity Cruises that will renovate the entire Celebrity fleet. From new Cashmere mattresses to a revitalized Retreat Lounge, the cruise line is modernizing every cruise ship.
- Celebrity Millennium – Early 2019
- Celebrity Summit – March 2019
- Celebrity Equinox – June 2019
- Coral Princess – January 21-30, 2019
- Grand Princess – March 3-19, 2019
- Emerald Princess – March 29 through April 10, 2019
- Caribbean Princess – April 13 through May 13, 2019
Norwegian Cruise Line
The extensive ship revitalization program at the heart of The Norwegian Edge will completely transform many spaces on board nine of the Norwegian Cruise Line’s ships to reflect the premium look and feel of the line’s newest and most spectacular cruise ships. As the cruise line with the youngest fleet in North America, this extensive enhancement program will offer much more than the traditional soft goods décor updates and serve to make the line’s ships into essentially new vessels.
- Norwegian Sky – January 22 through February 7, 2019
- Norwegian Getaway – May 10-23, 2019
- Norwegian Pearl – October 31 through November 10, 2019
Holland America Line
- Veendam – April 2019
- Noordam – September 29 through October 13, 2019
- Volendam – October 19-31, 2019
Learn the cruise secrets most people don't know and cruise like a boss. Check out Intelligent Cruiser here for a better cruise vacation. (Sponsored)