Earlier today, Princess Cruises unveiled key features and designs of their next and most luxurious cruise ship, Majestic Princess. Majestic Princess will depart on her maiden voyage on April 4, 2017, a five day roundtrip cruise from Rome, Italy.
Majestic Princess will sail for a month in Europe on various 7, 14, 21, and 28 day cruises that depart from Rome, Athens, and Barcelona. The ship will leave Barcelona on May 14, 2017 for a repositioning cruise to her homeport in Shanghai. Once in Shanghai, Majestic Princess will sail a variety of sailings to Japan and Korea.
Jan Swartz, President of Princess Cruises, gave the following statement: “Over the past 50 years, we have developed a mastery of global travel, delivering a truly international cruise vacation experience to our guests. With the debut of Majestic Princess, first in Europe and then in China, we invite guests to indulge in a world-class experience that allows them to completely relax, unwind and ultimately ‘come back new.'”
Majestic Princess will be the 3rd Royal class ship from Princess. The Royal class ships brought a variety of popular features to the cruise line including the largest outdoor screen at sea (MUTS), glass walkway that extends over the side of the ship, an expanded piazza, and 80% of the cabins on board have a balcony.
Majestic Princess will offer the following features for its passengers:
- Two new specialty restaurants: Harmony offering Chinese cuisine created by Chef Richard Chen and Le Bistrot, French home style dining in the atrium.
- New luxury boutiques including Bvlgari, Chopard, Cartier, Burberry, and Gucci.
- Other culinary offerings will be Chef’s Table Lumiere, award wining Crown Grill, and the popular Alfredo’s offering classic Italian and signature Neapolitan style pizzas.
- 80% of staterooms will have a balcony and all cabins will feature the new Princess Luxury bed, a custom made mattress developed by Dr. Michael Breus (The Sleep Doctor).
- World class entertainment including the first two shows Fiera and Fantastic Journey. The ship will also have the largest outdoor screen at sea and a dazzling light and water show.
Influenced by fashion, art and history, the interior designs of Majestic Princess present a sophisticated and stylish visual experience representative of traveling the world. Exquisite designs use metal, glass and inlaid wood through-out to welcome guests who appreciate the elegance and glamour of premium cruising.
European marble, mosaic tile floors, polished woods and sumptuous fabrics are featured onboard the ship. Plush custom-designed carpets in the guest corridors feature floral motifs that represent an Asian-inspired beauty and grace. Hand tufted area rugs also mirror floral motifs located at the entrances to the main dining rooms.
Onboard Majestic Princess, guests will also experience the signature SeaWalk, the industry’s first glass floor walkway at sea, and SeaView Bar featuring “flair” bartending with the best views at sea. The Piazza Atrium, the central focal point of the ship features live entertainment throughout the day and evening.
It is a grand spectacle surrounded by The Shops of Princess, nearly 1,100 square meters of luxury boutiques which include designer brand shops from Cartier, Bvlgari and Chopard, leather goods from Burberry and Gucci, along with watches by these luxury brands as well as Montblanc, Longines, Rado and Tissot to name a few.