Marvel Super Hero Academy
Among the additions will be the Marvel Super Hero Academy that will offer extraordinary adventures in which each young guest plays an integral role. With the mentorship of some of Marvel’s greatest Super Heroes, young trainees will learn the value of teamwork, bravery and problem solving through hands-on play and programs.
This edition to Disney’s Oceaneer Club will include Captain America’s World War II shield, Iron Man’s helmet, Spider-Man’s web shooters and Black Widow’s gauntlets.
Other new play places for children that will have more character interactions that ever before will be Andy’s Room, Frozen Adventures, and Club Disney Junior.
Tiana’s Place Restaurant
Exclusive to the Disney Wonder, Tiana’s Place restaurant will transport guests to an era of southern charm, spirited jazz and street party celebrations. With a menu influenced by southern-style cuisine, Tiana’s Place will provide food for the body and soul, showing that dreams and dishes come true.
Guests of Tiana’s Place, the restaurant inspired by Princess Tiana in the Disney animated feature, “The Princess and the Frog,” will be treated to a celebration of New Orleans dining and entertainment. Live music will be performed on the main stage, with rhythmic, toe-tapping notes of jazz, swing and blues setting the tone for the French Quarter supper club atmosphere.
- Cabanas casual dining location
- Twist ‘n’ Spout water slide
- Dory’s Reef splash zone for toddlers
- AquaLab, a pool and interactive water play area for kids and families
- Palo makeover with Venetian-inspired décor
- D Lounge for family games and entertainment
- A reimagined and relaxing Senses Spa & Salon and a new Chill Teen Spa
- Animator’s Palate main dining restaurant updated to introduce the popular “Drawn to Magic” and “Animation Magic” dinner shows
- Edge Club for tweens
- After Hours – a new adult district featuring an English pub, all new night club, and a new model of the Cadillac Lounge
Disney Wonder will be in dry dock from September 9, 2016 until October 23, 2016 in Spain. The first sailing from Galveston, Texas with these new enhancements will be on November 10, 2016.
Once in Galveston, the cruise ship will sail to the Caribbean and Bahamas until January 20, 2017. After a cruise to San Juan, Disney Wonder will arrive back in Port Canaveral on January 29, 2017 where the ship will homeport for the spring.
Photo Credit: Shorelander (self) – Own work, CC BY 2.5