Are you obsessed with taking a cruise vacation? Then here are 16 things that only you will understand.
1. How addicting cruises are – Cruises are the most addicting type of vacation that you can take. From the ocean breeze, to arriving in a new port each morning, and the fun activities offered on board, one cruise is all it takes to start the addiction. Do you work to support your cruise addiction?
2. Booking a cabin without windows is normal – A room without any windows? Yes, inside staterooms are not only available on cruises, but are preferred by many cruisers. The value that they offer allows them to cruise more often. And besides that, how much time do you spend in your cabin on a cruise anyway?
3. Doing nothing on a sea day is actually doing something – Ever hear, “I would take a cruise, but I don’t want to be stuck on a ship”? Sea days quickly become your favorite days of a cruise.
4. Waving napkins at dinner – As soon as Funiculi Funicula starts playing at dinner, you immediately start waving a white napkin over your head. Waving napkins is also encouraged during the Baked Alaska parade.
5. Menus without prices – Menus with prices? No thanks, we’ll leave those for land based restaurants.
6. Having multiple cruises booked at once is normal – Land based vacations are normally booked one at a time. However, a cruiser can have several cruises currently booked. It is also common for some to disembark one ship and immediately embark on different cruise ship or the same ship on the same day.
7. Finding empty loungers by the pool on a sea day feels like hitting the lottery – This is unfortunately true due to the rampant saving of chairs on the lido deck.
8. 2nd Lunch – Typically takes place immediately after returning to the ship after a day in port or at the poolside grill on sea days.
9. Getting there is not half the fun, it IS the fun – With all of the amenities and features that cruise ships are offering now, getting there IS the fun!
10. Waking up early – Sleeping in means missing out on the most beautiful sunrises. Sunrises at sea are nothing short of spectacular.
11. Quest – What happens at Quest, stays at Quest!
12. Embarkation Day – The thrill of embarkation day never gets old. No matter how many times you’ve cruised, you wake up with the same excitement as a 10 year old on Christmas morning.
13. Eating dinner with strangers – While they are only strangers on the first night, traditional dining on cruises seats you with other guests. Friends for life have been made this way.
14. Ordering multiple entrees at dinner is normal – Ordering multiple entrees at dinner is not only allowed, it is totally normal. Can’t decide between the salmon and filet, order both!
15. Packing dress clothes for vacation – No, you aren’t going to a wedding, you want to be prepared for formal night.
16. Cruise Countdowns – Life is measured by how many days you have left until your next cruise.
Want to cruise like a pro? Check out some insider secrets to saving money on cruises and avoid the 20 mistakes that most cruisers make with the Intelligent Cruiser here (Sponsored).
Search Multiple Sites at Once
Instant Real Time Pricing