Every five years, cruise ships go into dry dock for not only routine maintenance, but also for upgrades and renovations to the ship. The cruise ships receive hotel maintenance (new beds etc) and cosmetic upgrades in public areas that include lighting, new carpet, tile work, and wall coverings.
Lately, cruise lines have used this dry dock period to add upgrades to the ship that include new specialty restaurants and lounges, new staterooms and suites, water slides/waterparks, and giant outdoor TV screens to ships that do not have them.
Below are the dry dock schedules that have been announced for the mainstream cruise lines in 2018-2019.
Carnival Cruise Line
- Carnival Fascination – January 31 through February 17, 2018
- Carnival Paradise – February 22 through March 25, 2018
- Carnival Legend – May 1-14, 2018
- Carnival Inspiration – November 2-15, 2018
- Carnival Fantasy – January 3-16, 2019
- Carnival Pride – February 3-16, 2019
- Carnival Freedom – February 16 through March 8, 2019
- Carnival Triumph – March 2 through May 1, 2019
- No ships currently scheduled for dry dock
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Magic – February 23 through March 9, 2018
Holland America Line
- Zaandam – March 2018
- Amsterdam – May 2018
- Noordam – May 2018
Norwegian Cruise Line
- Norwegian Jewel – October 22 through November 5 2018
- Sapphire Princess – March 14-27, 2018
- Crown Princess – March 24 through April 3, 2018
- Golden Princess – March 30 through April 13, 2018
- Independence of the Seas – April 2018
- Mariner of the Seas – May/June 2018
Additional cruise ships will be added to this dry dock list when they are announced.
Learn the cruise secrets most people don't know and cruise like a boss. Check out Intelligent Cruiser here for a better cruise vacation. (Sponsored)