Carnival Cruise Line is the largest cruise line in the world with 26 cruise ships in service that are divided into eight different classes. Which of these Carnival cruise ships offer the most space per passenger?
Cruise ships are measured in size by gross tonnage. Gross tonnage is the measure of a ship’s internal volume. It is a measurement of size/volume not weight. If you take the gross tonnage of a cruise ship and divide it by the number of passengers, you will get the space ratio per passenger. Wondering which cruise ships from Carnival Cruise Line offer the most space per passenger?
We ran the numbers and here are the Carnival Cruise ships that offer the best space ratio per passenger:
- 41.7 – Spirit class ships (Spirit, Pride, Legend, and Miracle)
- 37.6 – Carnival Splendor
- 37 – Destiny class ships (Triumph and Victory)
- 36.9 – Conquest class ships (Conquest, Glory, Freedom, Valor, Liberty)
- 35.6 – Carnival Dream
- 35.2 – Carnival Magic and Breeze
- 34.3 – Fantasy class ships (Fantasy, Ecstasy, Sensation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Elation, and Paradise)
- 34.3 – Carnival Sunshine
- 34 – Carnival Sunrise
- 33.9 – Vista class ships (Horizon and Vista)
- View the Best Prices on Cruises on Carnival
The above numbers are gross tons per passenger. One gross ton equals approximately 100 cubic feet of space. It is worth noting that these numbers are based on the double occupancy of each cruise ship, not the total capacity.