Travel agents are the backbone of the cruise industry, and every year Carnival Cruise Line honors the top agencies based on a variety of strengths including sales effectiveness, innovative marketing techniques, brand advocacy, and leadership in their category.
2017 featured a new award called “Chairman’s Award” that honored a travel partner who has demonstrated unique strategic vision and business results to create a leadership position with Carnival and in the industry overall. The 2017 Excellence Awards winners were as follows:
- Ted Arison Founder’s Award: Cruise Planners, an American Express Representative
- Chairman’s Award: Expedia Inc.
- Excellence Award – Rising Travel Partner: TRAVELSAVERS
- Excellence Award – Charters: Rose Tours
- Excellence Award – Corporate Incentive: Landry & Kling Global Cruise Events
- Excellence Award – Franchise Agency Network: Dream Vacations, CruiseOne & Cruises Inc.
- Excellence Award – Host Agency Network: KHM Travel Group
- Excellence Award – Online Travel Partner: Vacations To Go
- Excellence Award – Retail: AAA Travel
- Excellence Award – Eastern Region: Tourico Holidays
- Excellence Award – Western Region: Savon Resorts
- Excellence Award – Northern U.S. & Canada: Cruises Etc.
The award winners will be honored during the annual Excellence Awards that will take place August 16-17, 2017 in Vail, Colorado.